An Unexpected Journey. Another Tie Bomber Build Thread.

Why do you have davits pulled for this build. Where are they used?

Attachments

• IMG_3572.jpeg
    IMG_3572.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
One step forward. Two steps back.

Got my bomb pod together and noticed that the louvers are different directions on each side. Man... Apart it came and start over. Was able to salvage all the parts though.

IMG_4022.jpeg

Take two. Almost done with the putty work. Not as clean as it should be but it will do once i finish sanding.

IMG_4047.jpeg

A few months ago i measured out the location of the armature access hole in the wing. Easy to do. Drill that out for a 3/4" hole and...

well 3/4" would be wrong. That blows out the sides of the wing panel on the other side. Dang... Should be 1/2". I have two Tie kits and thankfully i did this work before i knew you used only one wing from each kit. That means i have a good wing and one with a problem. Lets fix that too....

IMG_3403.jpeg

Plug the hole...

IMG_4029.jpeg

Drill the new hole and sand the back side flush. I glued the plug in flush with the outside and had to sand the inside flush.

IMG_4043.jpeg

Fill things in and massage. This image shows the repair on the right side with sculpted bondo and the left side with finishing putty. It will look just fine when done. The wing center cap hides most of it but not all....

IMG_4042.jpeg

On to something new. I do not have whatever kit the rod's on top of the bomb pod come on. Since i made the view port there why not try to make the rids too...

Not a bad start. Once i fill the ends of the tubes and round them over they will do just fine.

IMG_4028.jpeg

I also have the bomb arm done but no image. This week i should that the pod assembled.

Winner winner, chicken dinner. The top is the imposter. Made from binding wire and small plastic tubing. Sharp edges give it away but it is too small to mount in something to fix that without breaking it. The things i do...

Good news is i finally got styrene to build out the wings.

Back