Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Hi guys, back here again, ****** weekend after 20km on foot in the swamp and undergrowth under thunderstorms due to a motorbike breakdown in a remote area, then forced to stay home to dedicate myself to this, from today I should disappear more if all goes well, anyway...

here is how SR presents, those upturned points on the lapels, and obviously the model with the collar attachment so low that it makes you look sunken... no guys, it's beautiful anyway, but that's not the way I can consider top, whether SA wants to follow us or not.

I was told here that the work of modifying the collar pattern would have been too onerous for SR.
I can't deny this yet because the calculations are done at the end and when the work is finished, but I can say that I have already inserted a piping that has wonderful super SA effect, along all the edges (still dunno if the shoulder panel needs/would be suitable for such tweaking, but the need there is less evident, I'll see), and reconstructed those corners, in addition to having corrected that right side of the collar: as I had planned, it should not be necessary to move it and make it protrude to the left, but with such a generous measure of SR on the width, just redo the right side by shortening it only on the lower part giving it a concave cut with an accentuated light parabolic shape on the bottom (obviously the upper length remains unchanged), then there will still be a lot of work (repositioning buckles hooks magnets fur various stitching etc), but I think this pic speaks for itself.
If what it promises is confirmed, this stuff becomes an absurd bomb (in a positive sense, because if negative, obviously it will be for my wallet given how much I spent).

Promised you a miracle, belief is a beauty thing.

ORIGINAL

IMG_20240602_112423.jpg

AFTER MY FIRST STEP OF THE WORK (for now, it doesn't open "too wide" the lapels, not even wearing it...finger crossed but I let a clean way to turn back in case).
The bottom is still to be worked, as you see, without the piping it also tends to crease and warp a bit too much.
The same was in my bep, the only one that I've seen here with more of a combed straight postured look (bottom included, with piping and same width of longitudinal edges), is Magnoli for this.
(beyond the crucial change on the right side of the collar, of course) the piping, just as it is now, is a massive improvement. I mean...look at those lapels edges and compare with your still from the movie

IMG_20240603_004905.jpg
IMG_20240603_110804.jpg

YOU WILL SOON HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BROTHER

Attachments

• IMG_20240602_121212.jpg
    IMG_20240602_121212.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20240602_163915.jpg
    IMG_20240602_163915.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20240602_192021.jpg
    IMG_20240602_192021.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
here you can see, the original SR padding inside the shoulder panel: it's not true that it is completely absent, it simply could be thicker I'd say (it's thinner than its beautiful lining).
On the other pics, my work-in-progress with the shoulder panel piping (I decided to put it also there in the end).
I believe piping is so crucial, that is already giving a bit more of a padded aspect (red circle = still to be piped, yellow circle = piped)

IMG_20240602_140753.jpg

IMG_20240603_185936.jpg

here you can see the double stitching piped neck seamline I've just implemented.
As every SR owner could say, all you have there, is a simple junction between collar and shoulder, with no visible stitching, non-double, not piped (= nice, but not SA).
I don't blame anything about quality on SR (but the price is high for that anyway, must say that), what it buffles me, it's just to introduce the coat as "screen accurate", it should be written "blade runner 2049 officer k inspired" it's nitpicking already said, but sorry, with no humble brag, this is (going to be kinda) SA. Taking care of all those details, is talking about SA, even if I can also appreciate some little variatons they did, for example, the double stitched armpit junction on all the length of the circumference, I probably will evaluate to remove the inner non-crucial stitching letting just the SA inch just below the shoulder panel, but it is functional for increasing the sturdiness. But about details missing like this below, there are no excuses

IMG_20240603_192623.jpg

Attachments

• 1717435156988.jpeg
    1717435156988.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
FYI, if the pic could help understand the results somehow, from left to right:
(coats tweaked by me) SR - BEP - Wilkes & Akerman (waxed jacket based on Barbour model)
(waxes) Barbour dressing - Otter dressing - Greenland Bar.
SR = acrylic coated (confirmed about the same "waxing" method by Seann from SR, but I would watch it when they made it to understand)
BEP = PU laminated fabric twill (cotton/spandex) waxed with Otter (after a remarkable loss of coating) + (2nd) Greenland
That kinda Barbour (greenish gray color as well) is factory waxed, I'm going to retouch it a bit (very old jacket)

from my experience:
Barbour thornproof dressing = smooth finish but denser than Otter (or other less noticeable waxes like Stormcare "Proof"),do not smell (but I'm a former boxer, two nose surgeries, still training cliff diving and ofter nose closed, so unlikely that I can smell something if it's barely perceptible), medium curing time
Otter = very smelly (it doesn't smell bad, but the odor, if even I can smell it...is evident for longtime), very long curing time (do not trust instructional, I'd say 3-4 weeks, not days as written, if heavily coated like mine, little less with the bars), outstanding permeative finish, all natural
Greenland bars = dry fast, bind also with synthetic even if less than natural fibres, no smell at all, very little sheen added, add stiffness (proportional to how much you put it), helps to cure-dry faster if used like a lite second coat to other more fluid waxes used for the primary coating.
Hope it will be useful

Malibu139 , I guess you guys believed it when I said I was waiting until October to modify SR, right? :)
(work-in-progress) I bet you did for a while

IMG_20240607_203840.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone made a good replica of ether sweaters yet?

Iv been searching for either of the real ones for years now with no luck. I have recently purchased the SR Coat, found the screen accurate trousers, boots and long sleeve t-shirt but damn it both sweaters still elude me.

If anyone would part with theirs I am willing to pay a pretty penny BTW.

Has anyone made a good replica of ether sweaters yet?

Iv been searching for either of the real ones for years now with no luck. I have recently purchased the SR Coat, found the screen accurate trousers, boots and long sleeve t-shirt but damn it both sweaters still elude me.

If anyone would part with theirs I am willing to pay a pretty penny BTW.
We do this version: 2049 Shirt by Magnoli Clothiers

I already have the Magnolia one but I am really looking for the Rag & Bone or Theory sweaters.

As nice as the Magnolia is I need it to be bang on for display.

I already have the Magnolia one but I am really looking for the Rag & Bone or Theory sweaters.

As nice as the Magnolia is I need it to be bang on for display.
at 3:45 is the sweater I was struggling to track, before I settled on a old zara collection honeycomb sweater I modified a bit in color and cuff-bottom edges details.
I'd be still interested in finding it too, but I understood well what the guy is telling on this vid, it might be impossible to find it because "no longer made". I mean this, with the wider shoulder junction (from Theory, right?), out fo stock, it'd be insane to pay 239€ for this anyway
1717839140324.png

I'll keep looking
at 3:45 is the sweater I was struggling to track, before I settled on a old zara collection honeycomb sweater I modified a bit in color and cuff-bottom edges details.
I'd be still interested in finding it too, but I understood well what the guy is telling on this vid, it might be impossible to find it because "no longer made". I mean this, with the wider shoulder junction (from Theory, right?), out fo stock, it'd be insane to pay 239€ for this anyway
View attachment 1828199

I'll keep looking as on occasion something pops up eBay etc. It took me 10 years to find the correct Tactical Vest for SG-1, so hopefully quicker than that at least lol

At this point I am willing to pay a hefty chunk of change for any of the two sweaters.

Do you have a pic of the finished result of your own sweater with Mods?

I'll keep looking

I'll keep looking as on occasion something pops up eBay etc. It took me 10 years to find the correct Tactical Vest for SG-1, so hopefully quicker than that at least lol

At this point I am willing to pay a hefty chunk of change for any of the two sweaters.

Do you have a pic of the finished result of your own sweater with Mods?
yes but it was an easier, cheaper solution, the best I managed to track/make by myself till now.
here are my two k inspired sweaters (please don't care at coat and pants, it's an old pics I was working on them, however, the sweaters were already finished there), I also posted other pics at page 132.
Nice, but not that close to the baseline, I want that theory sweater above, and I know it probably will be not possible to find again.
Anyway, with 239€ you can get a brand new wsl k coat...for a sweater... wouldn't be a price I'm willing to pay (but maybe I'm wrong and this one might also give flying abilities and x-ray sight to the owner, dunno)

Attachments

• IMG_20240314_180313.jpg
    IMG_20240314_180313.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Malibu139 , I guess you guys believed it when I said I was waiting until October to modify SR, right? :)
(work-in-progress) I bet you did for a while

View attachment 1827962

I figured iit was on the way - and fast. LOL
The replacement shearling looks great on the SR., what kind is it?
Also are you doing anything with the shoulder padding , piping, and magnets on the SR?

Rock on

I figured iit was on the way - and fast. LOL
The replacement shearling looks great on the SR., what kind is it?
Also are you doing anything with the shoulder padding , piping, and magnets on the SR?

Rock on
there is a relevant pattern flaw which cannot be fixed, but it concerns only the SA, not the good looking aspect:
the SR model, to me, is heavily double-breasted, much more than movie coat.
Since I follow Adam's phylosophy "I want the coat to look great on me", and "I ******* love this coat" too, I create some internal structures I'm still implementing (buckram, clothes, strips, stitching etc) in order to be as closer as possible to SA, but the lapels, even if they open correctly without exceeding in width over the shoulder (after my initial reshape together with the collar right side pattern fixing), the coat tends to open the same a bit more, also at the waist,because as said, it is snug fitting, but the pronounced double-breasted set, needs a short limbed guy (or a fat one...) to keep the minimal distance form the longitudinal edges when open, with a long libed or mesomorphic (I'm in between this two body types regardless of my weight, a bit higher for the standard but I haven't shoulders who knows how broad, nor a belly or muscles swollen to the point of allowing that effect on a setting like that), inevitably those edges when open, fold a bit outwards, or they touches anyway, even with the sweater.
Trying to better explain what I mean, here you can see my tweaked BEP, the hanger is same width, open, the longitudinal edges don't touch, stay a bit far from each other (SA), in the SR, they touch each other.

I really like so much how it looks on me, and it's not a matter of "not having a movie star body" (at least for me, without being vain, just the reality almost at today, even if I don't exactly match every body details of Ryan G.).
As said, the most SA pattern, belongs to Jameel between noticeable vendors, and possibly, WSL, but in both cases, you have to be lucky to have the coat in the right measurements even if not made in front of you.
SR has his own pattern, you can tweak it but probably, if you have Iron Mike neck or other non-standard measurements especially in the face-neck part, you could be facing issues if tweaking your SR as I did, since their pattern is not SA but such a huge collar can fit every body/neck/nose type keeping the proper closure -which can be compromised if you tweak it like me and you have a certain neck-body type: there is simply some types of body that cannot fit the coat if tweaked in SA mode, because really too far from Gosling face and body parameters.

But it's a matter of loving or leave it, at a certain point. For me it's love now, it's so fashion and gorgeous, less casual, fits a bit like a dress but not unconfortable.
It will took some more for me to finish it, but I think the most relevant part of the job, it's done.

I increased the padding on shoulder panel, and put piping on every edge where needed and possible without ruin nothing (the bottom is still to be worked).

The fur is OVS (italian medium-large distribution retailer brand) winter camel sherpa fleece coat (women collection). Now out of stock, they probably will restock it next cold season, I managed to do exactly two coats with one I got during winter sales in February-March (30€, not that cheap but original price is 80, and beyond any SA aspects, the quality is also evident).

IMG_20240609_002538.jpg

It's not that I disdain my bep now, because in the end I'll keep it and alternate them, but even if the BEP highlights as well beautiful color reflections with the lights (during the day it's fantastic, although the bep has a brighter color tone now, as well as a greater distressed effect, even a bit too much for me), here it's not evident at all since it's late evening with just some weak, warm artificial lights, but the iridescence that the SR fabric creates (especially seen in person) with other various types of light, is crazily mind blowing, this must be said

Attachments

• IMG_20240609_001653.jpg
    IMG_20240609_001653.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20240609_001623.jpg
    IMG_20240609_001623.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20240608_234810.jpg
    IMG_20240608_234810.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20240608_234728.jpg
    IMG_20240608_234728.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
yes but it was an easier, cheaper solution, the best I managed to track/make by myself till now.
here are my two k inspired sweaters (please don't care at coat and pants, it's an old pics I was working on them, however, the sweaters were already finished there), I also posted other pics at page 132.
Nice, but not that close to the baseline, I want that theory sweater above, and I know it probably will be not possible to find again.
Anyway, with 239€ you can get a brand new wsl k coat...for a sweater... wouldn't be a price I'm willing to pay (but maybe I'm wrong and this one might also give flying abilities and x-ray sight to the owner, dunno)
I might follow suit and get something similar to do me for now. I'll keep looking for the sweaters and if by some miracle I find them I'll be sure to give you a shout if there's more than one.

Also bought the SR Coat from another collector yesterday, so been interesting seeing the mods.

I might follow suit and get something similar to do me for now. I'll keep looking for the sweaters and if by some miracle I find them I'll be sure to give you a shout if there's more than one.

Also bought the SR Coat from another collector yesterday, so been interesting seeing the mods.
Nice, thanx.
Imho, even if fully matching SA is kinda chimera, SR can be transformed into a real masterpiece (with the due attention not to ruin it)

Hi blade runners.
Morning, SR owners.

My SR tweaking is almost finished: except for any pics when there will be a season to wear it outside again, potentially the last post, the outermost stitching line on the lower outer edge is still missing, but visually that's it, there's nothing else salient to show or tell.

Without having to say that my BEP is inferior (indeed, for some aspects such as the guarantee of being able to use it even in very cold temperatures, total water repellency and scratch resistance, as well as some details closer to SA, the BEP -as I tweaked it- is superior), however from an aesthetic pov, this SR, at least as far as it looks good on me, has no equals in my wardrobe: I feel like it really suits me.

Anyway:
  • magnoli is the only one who made the low edge like the longitudinal ones (great SA detail, I'd say)
  • wsl might be the best overall, but their collar pattern (on also after sending them instructions, it is shown here that there is no total guarantee of having it correct or even being considered), with that mobile piece on the right side, is delusional, and many things must then be implemented on your own; furthermore, in my esperience there is no effective way to communicate (and I must deduce that, unless being lucky, you cannot have guarantees about what would be coming to you in terms of collar patterns but also in sizing, and possibly coating if you choose it, and that's why I don't own one of their coats)
  • jameel is overall the closest, but mine was a bit short in length, maybe I should have given different instructions on the measurements, I don't know if this trend is the same on other bep/els, anyway I have seen the collar tight (actually my biggest problem with this coat) even on other people's pics, so that is a problem that absolutely should be fixed
  • on SR, in addition to what has already been highlighted in previous posts, and probably like all the other sellers but here even more, there is a different shape of the lapels (more than excessive, I would say a different pattern) from SA, in fact when opened, I noticed that (just like on my bep, but even more here), the corner where the left side of the collar matches the magnet to keep it open (which I put on both of them from the beginning, but it was later confirmed that Adam did it too) is located in a higher point (even if SR closes well and the size is adequate), leaving visible a part of the outside of the left lapel that in that position should instead be hidden, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it (the upper length of the collar should be even longer and curved/tapered, and it's not).
    Also, on the bep but even more on SR, the split at the back is almost under the lumbar and shorter than it should be, maybe it's the coats that are about all made a bit too short, because I'm proportionate and I don't think I have a long back and short legs (indeed, if anything with my mesotype it's more the opposite), I removed 3/4cm of the back length to 0cm at the front in order to accentuate a bit that incremental cut at the bottom when redoing also the seamline with double-stiched, piped, double layer-like shape with the same width of the edges and any warping of the fabric as originally, but anyway it seems to me that even here there is no absolute precision on the part of any replica.
    These are things that come to you, and you just have to keep them like that without getting even more mental about the SA.
I would say that even if you had more fabric to redo it (which obviously there isn't), you would do better to redo the coat from scratch with more SA measurements, but as I was saying, perhaps I underestimated my skills in the matter and I proved to be up to various things, but still just Lorenzo the hobbyist here, so I couldn't be sure that, even if one day I found the duck canvas I needed at a good price, I could do better starting from scratch (unlikely), in any case I certainly won't buy anymore because it's time to put a stop to this obsession and give value to the money spent, given that they are very beautiful coats anyway and in the end, they both work for their purpose.

gtr.jpg

Attachments

• DJI_0091.MP4_snapshot_01.52_[2024.06.10_14.10.01].jpg
    DJI_0091.MP4_snapshot_01.52_[2024.06.10_14.10.01].jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 66
  • GOPR3489.MP4_snapshot_00.51_[2024.06.10_14.11.14].jpg
    GOPR3489.MP4_snapshot_00.51_[2024.06.10_14.11.14].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • GOPR3491.JPG
    GOPR3491.JPG
    768.7 KB · Views: 56
  • GOPR3493.JPG
    GOPR3493.JPG
    871.3 KB · Views: 59
  • GOPR3495.JPG
    GOPR3495.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20240609_235040.jpg
    IMG_20240609_235040.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20240609_235101.jpg
    IMG_20240609_235101.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20240610_130258.jpg
    IMG_20240610_130258.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20240610_131416.jpg
    IMG_20240610_131416.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20240610_131439.jpg
    IMG_20240610_131439.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20240610_135722.jpg
    IMG_20240610_135722.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20240610_135736.jpg
    IMG_20240610_135736.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20240610_135824.jpg
    IMG_20240610_135824.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20240610_135903.jpg
    IMG_20240610_135903.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20240610_140109.jpg
    IMG_20240610_140109.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20240610_140123.jpg
    IMG_20240610_140123.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20240610_140203.jpg
    IMG_20240610_140203.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi blade runners.
Morning, SR owners.

My SR tweaking is almost finished: except for any pics when there will be a season to wear it outside again, potentially the last post, the outermost stitching line on the lower outer edge is still missing, but visually that's it, there's nothing else salient to show or tell.

Without having to say that my BEP is inferior (indeed, for some aspects such as the guarantee of being able to use it even in very cold temperatures, total water repellency and scratch resistance, as well as some details closer to SA, the BEP is superior), however from an aesthetic pov, this SR, at least as far as it looks good on me, has no equals in my wardrobe: I feel like it really suits me.

Anyway:
  • magnoli is the only one who made the low edge like the longitudinal ones
  • wsl might be the best overall, but their collar pattern (on also after sending them instructions, it is shown here that there is no total guarantee of having it correct or even being considered), with that mobile piece on the right side, is delusional, and many things must then be implemented on your own; furthermore, in my esperience there is no effective way to communicate (and I must deduce that, unless being lucky, you cannot have guarantees about what would be coming to you in terms of collar patterns but also in sizing, and possibly coating if you choose it, and that's why I don't own one of their coats)
  • jameel is overall the closest, but mine was a bit short in length, maybe I should have given different instructions on the measurements, I don't know if this trend is the same on other bep/els, anyway I have seen the collar tight (actually my biggest problem with this coat) even on other people's pics, so that is a problem that absolutely should be fixed
  • on SR, in addition to what has already been highlighted in previous posts, and probably like all the other sellers but here even more, there is a different shape of the lapels (more than excessive, I would say a different pattern) from SA, in fact when opened, I noticed that (just like on my bep, but even more here), the corner where the left side of the collar matches the magnet to keep it open (which I put on both of them from the beginning, but it was later confirmed that Adam did it too) is located in a higher point (even if SR closes well and the size is adequate), leaving visible a part of the outside of the left lapel that in that position should instead be hidden, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
    Also, on the bep but even more on SR, the split at the back is almost under the lumbar and shorter than it should be, maybe it's the coats that are about all made a bit too short, because I'm proportionate and I don't think I have a long back and short legs (indeed, if anything with my mesotype it's more the opposite), I removed 3/4cm of the back length to 0cm at the front in order to accentuate a bit that incremental cut at the bottom when redoing also the seamline with double-stiched, piped, double layer-like shape with the same width of the edges and any warping of the fabric as originally, but anyway it seems to me that even here there is no absolute precision on the part of any replica.
    These are things that come to you, and you just have to keep them like that without getting even more mental about the SA.
I would say that even if you had more fabric to redo it (which obviously there isn't), you would do better to redo the coat from scratch with more SA measurements, but as I was saying, perhaps I underestimated my skills in the matter and I proved to be up to various things, but still just Lorenzo the hobbyist here, so I couldn't be sure that, even if one day I found the duck canvas I needed at a good price, I could do better starting from scratch (unlikely), in any case I certainly won't buy anymore because it's time to put a stop to this obsession and give value to the money spent, given that they are very beautiful coats anyway and in the end, they both work for their purpose.

View attachment 1828911
Hey CountLau sorry I'm a bit late to the conversation. I was taking a break from the forum.

I'd just to express a huge thank you for putting in the time, dedication and attention to detail to everything you've been doing here. Wow! The transformation of both BEP and Soul Revolver coats are superb and it's a testament to your skill and craft. I really hope they are all taking notice of this.

My ELS/BEP is still in my tailor's shop. I think the job of altering, changing the lining, swapping the shearling was been daunting for him to say the least. But, since we're already in summer, I don't mind waiting until the fall to get it back. Suffice to say I'll go into great detail about the entire transformation when it happens.

The shoelace piping looks absolutely fantastic, btw. I'm going to go ahead and try that on my WSL. It's a simple, inexpensive improvement, but I'm sure it'll make a big difference.

Good to hear your thoughts on the waxing vs. laminated cotton issue as well. Given its appearance in so many behind the scenes photos, I've always suspected the movie coat was waxed. Furthermore, Adam Savage has essentially confirmed it (again, it's a pity he didn't make a video showcasing the original prop in detail, what a missed opportunity!). As I've mentioned in the past, the character, texture, drape -and especially weight- that thorough waxing provides is what makes the coat, IMO.

Anyway, congratulations again!

Hey CountLau sorry I'm a bit late to the conversation. I was taking a break from the forum.

I'd just to express a huge thank you for putting in the time, dedication and attention to detail to everything you've been doing here. Wow! The transformation of both BEP and Soul Revolver coats are superb and it's a testament to your skill and craft. I really hope they are all taking notice of this.

My ELS/BEP is still in my tailor's shop. I think the job of altering, changing the lining, swapping the shearling was been daunting for him to say the least. But, since we're already in summer, I don't mind waiting until the fall to get it back. Suffice to say I'll go into great detail about the entire transformation when it happens.

The shoelace piping looks absolutely fantastic, btw. I'm going to go ahead and try that on my WSL. It's a simple, inexpensive improvement, but I'm sure it'll make a big difference.

Good to hear your thoughts on the waxing vs. laminated cotton issue as well. Given its appearance in so many behind the scenes photos, I've always suspected the movie coat was waxed. Furthermore, Adam Savage has essentially confirmed it (again, it's a pity he didn't make a video showcasing the original prop in detail, what a missed opportunity!). As I've mentioned in the past, the character, texture, drape -and especially weight- that thorough waxing provides is what makes the coat, IMO.

Anyway, congratulations again!
Thanks, I'm not a pro anyway and some details of my stitching skills level as well as my poor means, can be catch in person for someone who wants to find a bit of a flaw, but I don't actually think to have compromised to quality of the coats (I'd say the opposite instead, talking about the overall final result.

Yes, you know it was you to encourage me in finding a solution for the missing piping for any other coat than not bep/els, cause must be said Jameel's method with the foam is very professional and pretty decent SA, but in person I can confirm, I compared to stills from the movie, it may be a crude and absurd method, but to me it seems almost the same as SA. However, it's done, and for sure, a wsl can get a relevant improvement from that, without having to struggle with them for the ones who want to buy and have communication issues, but it needs a lot of attention, and the right type of shoe lace (I bought for the purposes, very cheap, sneakers poly are the best but not completely flat neither perfectly rounded, you can burn the end of the cut laces with the lighter before closing them sewing the gate you have to evalute for insert them,without having the risk they fray somehow, and not letting the needle-like part which is fundamental for inserting them into the double stitched seamlines(with safety pins it's impossible, it's too narrow and also needs attention not to work too much with fabric with you fingers in order to preserve it), I also helped myself with long, strong plastic hand sewing needles (I broke a couple of them, but its 1,5€ for two) being very careful and slow in the move, not risking to tear or even only make holes in the fabric, it's a bit tricky but duable.

I mean

IMG_20240609_171220.jpg

to me, also for the improved postured look, it's day and night.
I implemented same features on the bep, but not piping of course since the edges are already filled with the foam.
The effect is very good anyway, but I have the impression it is a step back my lucky raw method with shoe laces.

Yes, my waxed bep gives a but more of sturdy feeling and a very blade runnery taste by touching it, but the SR, has its own charm and uniqueness, which probably surpass, at least in that, even the movie coat itself, but it's hard to explain, I say that because I believe to have seen enough to figure out at today, even if it's not a dogma, since I never touched an original coat from the footage.

Again, the warped, non-SA bottom is something that seems ubiquitous in all replicas to me, except Magnoli (but the Wsl looks pretty good anyway for the postured look).
Even if I think the improvement is already evident above, that's one the details I still have to finish, one the seamlines is still missing, I also emulated a double layered edge at the bottom, I will do it with no rush, but the relevant part of how the coat looks now, it's what I already shown

Last edited:
Received my SR in the post today(£320 bargain on eBay from a lovely gent). Very happy with the base product and fit(XL fits me perfectly at 46" chest, 38" waist and 5.9ft)but I'll have to think about some of the modifications you have outlined Count.

The current closure system isn't fit for purpose so that's the first. Ill look back in the thread for the magnet closure.

Back