All caught up through ep3 of Acolyte. It's ... Fine. A little silly in places, but nothing that really jumps out at me as more silly than any other Star Wars. Hoping for some really good fight scenes in upcoming episodes.

The guy (whose name i apologize for not recalling) playing Master Sol is far and away the best actor in the show. So much that he almost seems out of place among the other characters at times.

The third ep was definitely missing some context, but it's all from Osha's POV basically. I expect secrets to be revealed later that will clear things up. Whether that will make it better or not is up in the air.

Last edited:
GP12W-VXMAEBsVc.jpg

I have been trying to reconcile the "power of one/two/many" idea with any realistic concept of The Force/Thread, and I just can't.

The Force/Thread is supposed to be a unifying essence for all of life. "The Power of One/Two/Maaanyyyy" is simply meaningless and generic pseudo-spiritual gibberish as well as a painfully insipid chant. This is bad, bad writing.

Last edited:
The Thread l, I am all the Jedi, the Living Force, Midichlorians, the Will of the Force, The Father, The Son, The Daughter, The Chosen One. All very contradictory, overly complicated and flat out dumb.

The Force was best when it was simple in the OT. Impersonal, metaphysical, and the Jedi and Sith could access it, but it was limited based on the competency of the user and their natural abilities etc. The writers also knew that imposing limitations on the characters powers also helped suspend disbelief for the audience and made their growth relatable because they weren't invincible.

Last edited:
"The Power of One/Two/Maaanyyyy" is simply meaningless and generic pseudo-spiritual gibberish as well as a painfully insipid chant. This is bad, bad writing.

Like one Disney show gives us "The power one, the power of two!" and "Look what you did! No, look what YOU did!" while another gives us:

FhHuZUcUcAID6vU.jpg

Last edited:
In these times of subscription wars, what are the percentages of bot reviews by other studios trying to sink one another? 80% bots 15% click farm, 5% human?

The Thread l, I am all the Jedi, the Living Force, Midichlorians, the Will of the Force, The Father, The Son, The Daughter, The Chosen One. All very contradictory, overly complicated and flat out dumb.

The Force was best when it was simple in the OT. Impersonal, metaphysical, and the Jedi and Sith could access it, but it was limited based on the competency of the user and their natural abilities etc. The writers also knew that imposing limitations on the characters powers also helped suspend disbelief for the audience and made their growth relatable because they weren't invincible.
I think a decent proposal is that they are all "theories" or different beliefs of the Force and no one really knows (except Lucas lol).

Lucas originally conceived of the force as an aspect of eastern religions like Buddhism. Buddhism also believes that "attachment or clinging" causes "suffering or unease" (sound familiar?) but there is a path of development toward awakening and liberation. Just as there are different schools of Buddhism on the path to enlightenment, we can probably assume there are different interpretations of "the Force" and maybe learning "to become one" with it.

It would also make sense to me if the Sith and Nightsister/Witch interpretations of "the Force" are self-serving and wrong (like Televangelism is to Christianity, twisting base principles (like tithing) in a way for self-benefit). We see Anakin do this by "re-interpreting" "jedi are forbidden to love" (which in itself is likely a misinterpretation by an outsider) into saying "jedi are encouraged to love" and would not be surprised if these groups take an interpretation of the force that is to their benefit. While I dont think the jedi have the complete right idea, their interpretation is likely the "truest" to what the force is. However, in the EU, Luke likely also has an interpretation that is slightly different from the PT order (hence why he allows jedi to get married and also waives the age requirement for training) and is far less dogmatic than the PT order which was likely too rigid and possibly relied on correlation (like midiclorians) to give a "scientific explanation" to a supernatural entity.

I just came across this video. Apparently, he’s a former LucasArts Animation worker. I’m not familiar with a lot of the behind the scenes people. Does anyone know him? I ask because what he says… definitely doesn’t bode well for the future.

Last edited:
Back