An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Has anyone converted the kit list to a simple text file. I can't seem to download the PDF from G Drive. I keep getting errors. I thought I downloaded it before but can't find it. If someone could make a simple text file, that would be awesome,
; )

I'm still poking around with the lower port mechanical bay and there's still one part I'm not too sure about.

Below is a scaled up image of the Bandai kit part and I'm trying to source the part I've marked as A. It has a diameter of just shy of 20mm and appears to be just a solid disk. Now I know Bandai doesn't get everything perfect but given how much detail they put in places that are hidden, I'd think if this had more details, they would have added it.

So my prospective options are B and C from the Bandai 1/24 Panther G. B is ~almost exactly~ the correct diameter and C is slightly oversized but has a couple of small details on it.
1717545301433.png

If you look at the image below, that part looks to have a notch in the front and a hole through it. But I can't tell if those are shadows, or if they're on the part. Also it looks like there might be something under it too. I don't have any other clear image of this area of the model. I'm probably going to go with B above, unless someone has a more definitive answer to what part that is.

1717545636204.png

Last edited:
Has anyone converted the kit list to a simple text file. I can't seem to download the PDF from G Drive. I keep getting errors. I thought I downloaded it before but can't find it. If someone could make a simple text file, that would be awesome,
; )

This is the spreadsheet I use. This was created originally by manugu and jcoffman99 . I added two columns to the kit list to allow me to track what kits I have on hand, and what are on order.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Millennium Falcon - parts list.zip
    206.2 KB · Views: 76
I'm still in the process of cleaning up the kit list with the correct kit numbers.

I'm going to visit the in-laws for a week and will use that time trapped to work on them. :)

As far as the round parts, pretty sure those are shadows, In Stu's latest video he talks about changing that part from his build. Definitely seem like there is another piece under there.

I'm still poking around with the lower port mechanical bay and there's still one part I'm not too sure about.

Below is a scaled up image of the Bandai kit part and I'm trying to source the part I've marked as A. It has a diameter of just shy of 20mm and appears to be just a solid disk. Now I know Bandai doesn't get everything perfect but given how much detail they put in places that are hidden, I'd think if this had more details, they would have added it.

So my prospective options are B and C from the Bandai 1/24 Panther G. B is ~almost exactly~ the correct diameter and C is slightly oversized but has a couple of small details on it.
View attachment 1827091

If you look at the image below, that part looks to have a notch in the front and a hole through it. But I can't tell if those are shadows, or if they're on the part. Also it looks like there might be something under it too. I don't have any other clear image of this area of the model. I'm probably going to go with B above, unless someone has a more definitive answer to what part that is.

View attachment 1827093
Have you had a look at Bandai Hummel, sprue L? Not my images, Scifikitbash.
It came in different colors I guess, tan and grey. I can’t figure out the part numbers, might be worth a shot.
1717585210875.png

Thanks, I went wit the part I'd marked as B, just flipped the other way.

The last bit of the puzzle for me now is this bit in the back. The part maps call for this to be Sherman tank tracks, but I do not believe that is correct. They're not the right size or shape.

1717699607671.png

Quick question for the Brains trust here. It may have been answered elsewhere but I haven't seen it.
The highlighted green section - was that added for ESB, and not in the ANH model? It looks like it may have been added to cover the hole they put in for the Lights, which were added to the ESB version. (Think I just answered my own question here)

1717733929785.png

The Bandai PG kit, doesn't seem to have these?
1717734008494.png

I'm just curious as I am doing both versions - and if it is ESB, does anyone know what the circled bit is in the above photo?

Nearly there ;)
1717734185610.png

Cheers D

Last edited:
Thanks, I went wit the part I'd marked as B, just flipped the other way.

The last bit of the puzzle for me now is this bit in the back. The part maps call for this to be Sherman tank tracks, but I do not believe that is correct. They're not the right size or shape.

View attachment 1827614

Sorry I cant figure out which one they are meant to be, (yet) I did a measure up and determined the width of 4 of them together was pretty much spot on 0.5" which fits for the Sherman tracks width wise, but then the height is all wrong.
So all I can do is confirm I think you are right - if I figure it out I will let you know of course.

I did give most of the tank models above 1:70 scale a once over but couldn't see anything that really looked like that so far.

1717736628792.png

Last edited:
It doesn't look like those boxes were on the ANH version. This is the only photo of that area, of that era, that I have. That whole detail area is a casting of what's in the upper portside rear mechanical pit. In the photo below it sits flush, but in the ESB photos there's a gap.

1717751255771.png

Can we please confirm that the part in orange, from the JagdPanther pit, is indeed from #145 the Ford F1 'elf'?
1717888694548.png

[edit] I'm asking because I believe both parts are from #143 McLaren. Part E16 sitting on top of E19.

1717952990466.png

thanks

Last edited:
In the JagdPanther pit, there's an I beam shape that runs along the forward/starboard edge just under the plates. I've not seen it listed on any parts map, but it looks to be a cut down part #14 from the American LaFrance Ladder Chief. Dimensionally it's spot on when you scale up the Bandai PG part, and if you cut it in the right place, you get the upward supports lined up the same way too.

1717943502266.png

1717943588873.png

Last edited:
... any clue if this is an extra part or artistic liberty on Bandais side? Not all the parts on that panel are modeled 100% accurate, so this might be just a slight inconsistency!
View attachment 1697967

Sorry, I know this particular post is from over a year ago, but was that circled part ever ID'd? I've gone through this thread forwards and backwards and have not seen it called out anywhere.

thanks

Back