An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Hi there.

On the part map for the lower forward starboard mech pit, #189 calls for the 1/700 Tamiya waterline Yamato (31113). Is that the same kit as the Musashi (77013)?

Or are they two different kits for two different purposes?

thanks

Here's the Musashi part.
1716253694712.png

Attachments

• 1716253672736.png
    1716253672736.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi again, one other request for clarification on that mechanical pit. The part map calls for #64 the 1/24 Bandai Panther G for that little disk hidden under the Hauler frame part.

Would it be possible to confirm that somehow? I'm asking because the only two parts that are in the Panther kit that are close are shown in the photo below, but one is too large, the other too small when compared to a scaled up Bandai PG Falcon kit part.

As well, the call out image on the top left show that disk has a notch cut out on the front neither of which are on either the PG falcon part, or the Panther G parts. It doesn't look like a shadow.

Is there a third option in the Panther kit I'm not aware of?

thanks

1716336069061.png

Hi again, one other request for clarification on that mechanical pit. The part map calls for #64 the 1/24 Bandai Panther G for that little disk hidden under the Hauler frame part.

Would it be possible to confirm that somehow? I'm asking because the only two parts that are in the Panther kit that are close are shown in the photo below, but one is too large, the other too small when compared to a scaled up Bandai PG Falcon kit part.

As well, the call out image on the top left show that disk has a notch cut out on the front neither of which are on either the PG falcon part, or the Panther G parts. It doesn't look like a shadow.

Is there a third option in the Panther kit I'm not aware of?

thanks

View attachment 1822618
Looks right to me. Pretty sure the "notch" is a shadow.
IMG_5240.jpeg

Hmm okay. thanks. That has a tapered edge which the real part doesn't seem to have. Maybe the edge was sanded down? The scaled up Bandai part works out to 19mm diameter, the Panther G part is just shy of 22mm

Another note on this area.

It doesn't look like the part #61 (in green) is in the Hummel. I've not found it yet, but it's not in the Hummel as far as I can see.

There's also another part under #63 (from the BF109) that sort-of-kinda looks like #61, but again, it's not in the Hummel as near as I can tell.

1716392122362.png

So I’m looking at my dish. I think I’m going with a depth of 3.37mm and creating a lip that is 1.4mm.

However….

Looking at my part I noticed that the width of the current lip is not even close to consistent. In some places it measure 3mm. Others, it’s way above or below. From the 12:00 to 3:00 is it considerably wider.

Are the acrylic ones more uniformed?
IMG_0577.jpeg

I've begun updating the master list (see Google Doc) with the correct artwork and kit numbers I've been purchasing. The list was created using most titles from Scalemates as placeholders. This will take a while, but when it's finished, I will have all of the exact kits I've used. Once the master list is finished, I'll start fixing the folder names and everything else to match.
Bless you my son. Placeholders rule many of my days.

Howdy, given you are working on the Radar dish, I had a few questions about it
1 - I am having a time trying to figure out which part of the H.P. O/400 Airfix, this bit is
1717044107206.png

and

2 - I could be majorly wrong, but looking at these bits here -
1717044155704.png

are they actually just broken off versions of this part - just wanting to clarify as the spacing looks correct - if so I'm wondering if they may have been broken off post production given they look pretty fragile
1717044275657.png

And thanks for all of your reference material - I wouldn't even have attempted this without all of the great work you guys have put in

Cheers Darrin

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back