Limited Run Vader stunt sabers kits! Barbican, Severed hand and ANH square shroud version

No need to apologize! I’ll wait happily for all three at once, just didn’t want to “miss” the square fella. Thanks for clarifying

Received a very special package today! Thank you so much eethan! All the pictures don’t do these justice… some of the most beautifully machined, out of the box hilts I’ve ever received. Cannot wait to finish these and get the others once they’re ready

IMG_7423.jpeg

Thank you so much Shane, just woke up to this message, very much appreciated :)

Everyone, I have started sending kits to a few people that also bought stuff from my wife Wonderknight to group shipping. The Square shroud kits and finished sabers are just a few days off from release on the website for people on the list, no worries :)

for people receiving or about to receive Square shroud kits. As always, I have made tight fitting parts, I'm a bit too perfectionist, one day I'll not do that... I'm checking the fit on the shrouds for each kit before sending it, so they fit for sure, but please be slow and carefull when putting the shrouds on :)

Really glad that Shane likes the kits, he is the first to receive some :)
cheers all!

Oh yes, one more thing,
Everyone will do as he pleases as we don't have many references for the square shrouds. I have drilled both holes on the tube according to their position on the Barbican, however, according to what I found on my 3D model, from the pretty blurry references, the grips on the Square shroud seem to be 92mm, if the clamp comes against the grip, the top hole will be hidden under the clamp. I'll be supplying the finished sabers that way.

Now, everything is possible in this case. Maybe the clamp is positioned like the Vader V1, away from the grips, maybe I'm mistaken with the grips length...
Don't take this the wrong way, all parts are extremely accurate, I'm 100% confident of all positions for the severed hand and Barbican and will even supply a printed plan for the wonky grips of the Barbican if people want to go that direction. it's just hard to be 100% sure about the grips and clamp of the square shroud saber.

Also, I have discussed this in the WIP thread at some point, but now is a good time to mention this again. The body tube dimensions are based on my own 3D model and carefull match to countless references, and the diameter was confirmed by direct measurement on the actual Barbican by a kind soul. The clamps are without their rubber band on those sabers and the best fit will normally be achieved with just a paper sheet in between or a bit of tape under the clamp. It is normal and a little bit of space can be seen in the barbican refs :)

for info, this is how my 3 prototypes were assembled grips and clamp wise:
trio_01.jpg

trio_02.jpg

Last edited:
First 2 stunts finished up!! While there aren’t a ton of references, I started with ESB to map out the grips the best I could, with some license being taken with them. I then matched this exactly on the ANH version. The ANH saber has less weathering so the set kinda tells the story of the progression of this prop :)

Thanks again eethan for these amazing kits!

IMG_7493.jpeg
IMG_7494.jpeg
IMG_7498.jpeg
IMG_7495.jpeg
IMG_7496.jpeg
IMG_7497.jpeg

First 2 stunts finished up!! While there aren’t a ton of references, I started with ESB to map out the grips the best I could, with some license being taken with them. I then matched this exactly on the ANH version. The ANH saber has less weathering so the set kinda tells the story of the progression of this prop :)

Thanks again eethan for these amazing kits!

View attachment 1749392View attachment 1749393View attachment 1749394View attachment 1749395View attachment 1749396View attachment 1749397
Awesome work, 3251bimmer!

Here we go with final assembly of the square shroud sabers!
We have been obsessing over the paint and details for more than a week but my wife did an amazing job with the shrouds painting after several paint tries.
Final shrouds are painted with an airbrush and have two thin coats of Tamiya semi gloss black and a coat of Tamiya satin varnish.
I love the result and hope you guys will like it as well.
IMG_20231011_102843.jpg

Hey there,
For the people about to receive/order their Square shroud saber kits, I wanted to give a bit of a how to for assembly :)

The kits come with the core already attached as well as the pommel ring already glued, so you don't have to do this :)

Square shroud saber kit Assembly

The grips/clamp:

We have less references of this particular version and people are free to come to their own conclusions. To me, the grips are 92mm long, end angled at 30° and the clamp is resting on top of them at around 93mm from the base of the tube (before the pommel ring).
I think the clamp is at the 6 o clock position.
If you go with those positions and want to have the bottom hole visible between two grips, you'll have two grips one on each side of the clamp bubble. If you put on grip aligned with the clamp, a grip will be on top of the hole.
Weird thing, I have positioned those two holes on the body tube according to their exact position visible on the Barbican. I have always assumed that those were remnant from the motorized square shroud, so, this version. However, according to what I see on the references and my 3D model, the top hole is hidden under the clamp on that version. So, this stays a mystery to me.

The clamp doesn't have its rubber sleeve on the Barbican, and cast, so I assume that it is the same for this one. Basically, it will work with a just a strip of paper or a bit of tape under the clamp. This will prevent scratching the aluminium tube and will put just enough pressure to close the clamp and hold the bubbles. You may need to test depending on your clamp/bubbles/tape/paper. You can see a bit of a gap under the clamp on the Barbican photos, so it's likely they also put a thin spacer on the actual saber :)
The body tube diameter is both matched on my 3D model from plenty of references and confirmed from direct measurement on the actual Barbican by a kind soul, so this is pretty safe :)

The Shroud:
Paint the shroud as you like. I personally went with Tamiya semi gloss black with a semi gloss varnish as well for extra safety.
once dry, please be carefull when assembling it with the tube, the shrouds are a pretty tight fit and we don't want to damage the tube :)
The tope hole (on the largest flat side) should align with the recess on the body tube next to the set screw holding the core. Once aligned, hold the shroud in this position and put that first set screw. Then you can add the second set screw on the bottom.

The short grip:
You can slightly sand the curve if you like as the curve is just machined and they probably filed/sanded it on the actual saber. The machining is pretty clean though so they can also work as is.
Those go on the same side as the bubble strip, on the smaller flat side of the shroud. It is positioned at about 11mm from the bottom of the shroud.

The activation box:
this goes against the shroud.
I personally attach them with the brass screws as I'm not the biggest fan of glue. But it's up to you to see if you are up to the task of drilling taping for the small screws or prefer to glue everything down.

if you want to use the screws, here is how I go about it:
First, I like to round slightly the bottom of the box. not much, it won't even be visible from the back end, just so we don't see the large holes too much from the bottom.
IMG_20231012_092339.jpg

I then position the box and mark the holes with a pen:
IMG_20231012_092426.jpg
IMG_20231012_092435.jpg

to drill the holes, i use a small handheld drill, not a powerful one, on a rather low speed. I use a 1.2mm drill bit and carefully drill both holes. Then I tap both holes with a m1.4 tap and a bit of oil. Slowly, this is a tiny tap, it can break easily.
(I have done 28 grip screws and 20 activation boxes screws so far though and haven't broken it, but be carefull)

After this, it's just a bit of patience to get the screw into the hole, but it should only take a minute to attach it :)
IMG_20231012_093746.jpg

After this, you just need to attach the brass bracket in the box. I personally spread both legs of the bracket a tiny bit until it's a tight fit into the box. I apply a dab of glue on each side of the box, press the bracket slightly with my nails to make it fit into the box and push it down.

there you go, that's about it I think!
I hope you'll enjoy building your kit and will love this saber :)
cheers

Last edited:
And now for the final studio photos of the painted square shroud sabers :)

A fraction of the Square shroud kits and painted sabers will be released tomorrow at the same time on my website for the people that are on the list for only the square shrouds saber and have registered and let me know their name.
If someone on the list for several sabers wants his square shroud tomorrow (only kits), please reach out to me as well. As long as you are ok to pay for shipping for this one, it's not a problem for me :)

kits will be 139€ as planned. Finished sabers will be 345€.

square_01.JPG

square_02.JPG

square_03.JPG

square_04.JPG

square_05.JPG

square_06.JPG

square_07.JPG

square_08.JPG

square_09.JPG

square_10.JPG

cheers all!

Last edited:
Hey there,
I was waiting for a nice package today that I didn't receive, however, my postman gave me a nice 3po post card from New-York. Sir mgoob sent me this with a long fun message on the back completely out of the blue!
Thank you Mike! This was very fun and lovely from you, this is the first time I receive something like this from a customer :)

IMG_20231024_104508.jpg

I love my customers and Mike is one of the best around !
Cheers all

Hey there,
I was waiting for a nice package today that I didn't receive, however, my postman gave me a nice 3po post card from New-York. Sir mgoob sent me this with a long fun message on the back completely out of the blue!
Thank you Mike! This was very fun and lovely from you, this is the first time I receive something like this from a customer :)

View attachment 1754283
I love my customers and Mike is one of the best around !
Cheers all
Glad you like it.
4 more and you’ll have the complete set!

Gosh these are beautiful.

Also think it’s hilarious they didn’t bother cutting the shroud down until it was sent to costuming to be cast and stuck to a glove… three movies in

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back