ROMULUS PULSE RIFLE, first test build.

All great to hear Flyscriber. Especially cool about doing decals. Maybe have the 04, 05, and then some other numbers where the builder could make their own for the gun AND mag? I don't know how tough they are to do. Or if there's any reference for what the other numbers look like (I think we've only seen 0, 1, 4, 5). If they cost a lot to do, maybe do a basic decal set and then a custom one with more numbers for a little extra?

Andrew Bradbury has even more photos on his site ( https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3EdWYm ). Reading his description over, I "think" the images of the 05 might be CG. They look like an actual prop to me. Maybe this guy is just REALLY good.

He says "Wētā Workshop created the practical props and did an amazing job of translating the digital model to a physical model" and "Thanks also to smagda64 on the RPF for the floor tile model which I used as a basis for my model." Those two statements are what makes me think that the images are actually renderings of a 3D model he created.

I'm also surprised there's no "Art of..." or some kind of similar photo book that came out for the movie. They usually do that for the Alien films. Maybe after the last 2 Ridley ones didn't do great, they didn't want to get stuck with a bunch of unsold books? If they do one now, after the movie is moderately successful, it would probably be rushed anyways. But I'm always on the look out for good and rare images. Maybe they'll have some prop goodness on the 4K/Blu Ray extras when the discs come out (looked for a release date yesterday but didn't see anything).

Thanks again, Flyscriber. Can't wait to see more updates! :)

HI folks.
Yes, i guess a quick update is needed by now. I'm currently designing the rifle once again, working between the screenshots and the renders to weed out things which weren't in the movie. It's coming on now, although it will take a little longer than anticipated. Along with the Cad design, i am also doing the sound design for the rifle. I am working on things like this. Power up sound, Obviously the noise of the gun firing, empty mag sound, warning sound for mag low. Bleeps for the tracking screen blah blah. All of these should have multiple variants so you can choose your favourite from the menu. Also there is the possibility of having all the permutations controllable from a phone app for colour of muzzle flash, dwell etc, so you can see this is a very in depth project, and with endless possibilities im trying to get an audible feast going on this one. Please excuse my lack of updates on this thread, im hammering on a lot of projects and by the end of each day i just need to turn my head off.
So thats about it for the minute everyone. I hope this keeps the dream alive :). More very soon.

Thats a great find Generallurko. I will definitely be trying to purchase some of that. Nicely done. Thanks for the heads up. :)

I can't guarantee the conduit is accurate. In the post, you can see that I don't have a lot of good shots of it. But I'm guessing it's something similar and may differ by brand.

Also, note my other post that shows vents on the front of the mag well: if you're doing sound, that might be a good place for the speaker: Alien Romulus Pulse Rifle?

Back