Done / Completed Luke / Vader ANH shared stunt saber kit

Finished my Luke ANH stunt and Vader ANH square shroud over the last few days! The E6000 is still curing, but I couldn’t resist a few quick phone pictures. Thanks again eethan!

IMG_2853.jpeg

IMG_2852.jpeg

Finished my Luke ANH stunt and Vader ANH square shroud over the last few days! The E6000 is still curing, but I couldn’t resist a few quick phone pictures. Thanks again eethan!

View attachment 1838401

View attachment 1838402
Awesome Dewy! Looks really great, thank you for sharing the photos.

Quick info that I'll write here so it's at least written somewhere, I'm out of internet again, not sure what happenee this time again. A technician is coming tomorrow, hopefully to fix it.
In the meantime, I'm using a phone connection when I have access to it. So, sorry if I'm harder to reach than usual until it's fixed.

And internet is fixed! lol, that was fast!
Technician called end of afternoon saying they where finished with another repair in the village and if I was available right away instead of tomorrow. And, it turns out, it wasn't a hornet that ate the fiber optics this time, someone apparently unplugged our connector at the central... weird stuff!

I have a bunch of these kits to build but the first one is complete :)

This build features
- The motorized kit (which is phenomenal)
- Vintage Hales #3 Rod
- Vintage Early Folmer Red Button
- Vintage Late Folmer Glass Eye
- Vintage Folmer Beer Tab
- Vintage Folmer Clamp
- Vintage Exactra Bubbles
- Vintage Anita Switch

Pictured next to my all vintage part training remote
IMG_9973.jpeg

I’m late to the show but I recently finished this amazing kit. Thank You eethan :)

Motorized Kit

Vintage Parts List:
Folmer Thin Knurled Red Button
Folmer Beer Tab
Early Folmer Glass Eye
Folmer Clamp
Exactra 20 Bubble Strip
Vintage Anita Button

Gino Grips

Teaser Photo Of My Vintage Part ANH Motorized Square Stunt, also from eethan, being a static kit

Attachments

• IMG_5771.jpeg
    IMG_5771.jpeg
    928.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5765.jpeg
    IMG_5765.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5762.jpeg
    IMG_5762.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5761.jpeg
    IMG_5761.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5757.jpeg
    IMG_5757.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5756.jpeg
    IMG_5756.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hey there,

just a quick note as i was showing my motorized lightsaber to someone today and pressed the button and the button popped like I've read they do on the amazon critics when I bought the extras for the second batch.

I wasn't aware of that possible issue on the first batch of sabers, so I'm going to say, please be carefull with those and be gentle while pressing the buttons I guess.

For the second batch, I welded the bottoms of the switches with my soldering iron like I showed in a photo before, so I'm hoping this will never happen. But I was surprised it happened to my saber (from the first batch) today, even though I tested the buttons before and pressed them a lot and never encoutered the issue while testing.

I hope it won't happen to other people as it's an annoying fix since the saber needs to be opened for this.
I'm really sorry if this happens, for this, we are of course dependent on the Chinese quality as those are the only ones available and they are very basic. I hope the welding of the second batch will efficiently prevent this issue. and for the first batch, please be careful :)

Maybe not the best time to mention, but still a few sabers left in stock! grab them while they are available, this is a rare and cool offering I think :)
cheers all

I managed to get one of these type of buttons stuck down, they’re definitely not meant for button mashing :) beautiful saber kits

As Eethan has pointed out, we don't really know what was used as a power button on the Luke motorized stunt. But the Anita power button has the following properties:

• Period appropriate
  • From a known donor item
  • Looks cool as hell.

In that spirit, I made a new button collar for the supplied switches to give it an Anita-esque appearance.

IMG_3806.jpeg IMG_3804.jpegIMG_3803.jpeg

Here it is resin printed and painted in Dupli-color Wimbledon white. It's not an exact match, but it wasn't meant to be. I have attached the stl file for anyone interested. it's not really an accuracy upgrade. Just something fun to do.

Phase two of the plan is to swap out the supplied switch with a mini latching push button switch like I use on certain guitar electronics builds. There are some that have the same collar diameter as the supplied, so once they come in from Mouser I'm planning on making a new screw on collar and shaft cap and install that. Might be a good alternative. They're definitely going to last, and are super clicky. I'll post the stl files for those once I have them done.

Here's the type of button I'm talking about:

71HjIinYL6L._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• LukeMotorizedPowerButtonCollar.stl.zip
    8 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I appreciate your idea, engineering and 3d print but 1000% it wasn’t the Anita button.

I don’t want this to come off disrespectful, but I’m seeing this trend going around and it’s confusing a lot of people

The button eethan supplied is the closest thing we have today

Nice work Jakob, thank you for sharing this for people that are interested :)
Since you have an early kit, make sure to weld your switch if you use it to avoid any adventures with it.
I'm curious to see what you'll come up with the guitar switch.
And I'll obviously send you a pm to discuss a bit as I didn't know you worked with guitars, I also make guitars, although the cool Star Wars crowd hasn't given me a minute the past 4 years to work on one :lol:

And yes, like we discussed, this is only a cool vintage nod for people that feel like it, but there really is no proof that they used something like this on the original saber.

Cheers all

Back