Done / Completed Luke / Vader ANH shared stunt saber kit

Gosh guys, thank you all! that is the most intense release I have ever made, I don't have time to even see who ordered what!
the motorized sabers are almost done, I'm really sorry if anyone misses out, please understand I did my best, making already 24 of those with how busy I am was a miracle!
get in touch later for any question of course :)

cheers all

well, that was the last motorized saber... that was really quick!

what do I do... should I order more motors and convert more kits? that will take a month or so to get the motors from China again. If people missed out, feel free to give me your opinion on this.

Of course, there are plenty of kits left! any brave makers here looking for a cool project?
cheers all, thank you for the very impressive launch :)

I didn’t expect them all to go in 11 minutes! I got a motor-ready kit though, so now I have a really cool project!

Great job!!!

If it means anything, eethan is on the right track. My blades match some reference I’ve been allowed to see. The collars are a little thicker than the fiberglass wall, and they support the inner bushings when you hammer them in. I use metal epoxy in there for good measure, and then run the set screw(s) through.

The blades seem to be all different sizes. The pipe stunt has a short thick blade, the hero ESBs look like complete blades and the ANH ones seem like 8 footers cut down, just a guess but my current ones are 5 footers cut down.

Great job!!!

If it means anything, eethan is on the right track. My blades match some reference I’ve been allowed to see. The collars are a little thicker than the fiberglass wall, and they support the inner bushings when you hammer them in. I use metal epoxy in there for good measure, and then run the set screw(s) through.

The blades seem to be all different sizes. The pipe stunt has a short thick blade, the hero ESBs look like complete blades and the ANH ones seem like 8 footers cut down, just a guess but my current ones are 5 footers cut down.
for the record, I know the collar is supposed to be thicker, I cheated that way because I wanted to see the ball bearing like we see on the refs and the antennas are too thick to allow for this without cheating like I did sadly.
cheers

for the record, I know the collar is supposed to be thicker, I cheated that way because I wanted to see the ball bearing like we see on the refs and the antennas are too thick to allow for this without cheating like I did sadly.
cheers
Gotcha, I missed that you already said that!

Gotcha, I missed that you already said that!
no worries,
do the 5footer allow for a thinner blade when cutting them down? I used a 4 footer here and it's too thick even when I cut it down to 38". that would be cool if it was the case.

no worries,
do the 5footer allow for a thinner blade when cutting them down? I used a 4 footer here and it's too thick even when I cut it down to 38". that would be cool if it was the case.
It seems that specific profile died with the company that made them. The 5 footers allow for thinner bottoms, but the taper is not as strong, so the tips are around 10-12mm, while the glomex has a strong taper with a bottom thats a little too big and a tip around 8-10mm which is what I see on screen. what do your measurements show?

8 footers are similar, it all depends on how small they get near the tip, rarely do I cut anything off the top.

I have managed to finish a few last parts that I needed to finish and pack and label a grand total of 6 packages today.
I'll slowly continue tomorrow and Tuesday as there are a lot of orders and packing to make and they take time.

I also absolutely need to finish a custom Harley Davidson seat rest I'm doing for someone in the next couple days as it has been very delayed by that very project and is now super urgent as well! As always, I'm very busy busy!
thank you for your patience :)

Public release is still tomorrow Monday 10th at 8PM CET.

and I still haven't decided what to do about the fact the motorized version is sold out! It's impossible to find those motors in Europe, especially for a reasonible price, and ordering from China again will probably take a month, so I don't know if I should delay the rest that long to offer a new batch of motorized versions... difficult choices!

cheers all :)

Back