Unlimited Run Floating Jedi Training Remote BUILDER'S KIT

I know you aren't making the remote kits anymore is it possible to get a template to paint the base as a round chessboard? I think you sold templates a while back.

I was planning to make one using a floating globe and then found this thread!! What is the diameter of these ones? Will you be selling more?

I'm not going to be making more of the full kits. I've retired that project officially after 5 years.
But I will eventually offer greeblies/styrene/decals/alignment jigs/diffusers/etc. kits in a "BYOG" (Buy Your Own Globe) version. This will come with everything but the floating globe, including the same video tutorials.

The main reason for this is the supplier for the bases and spheres got flaky on me and it was becoming more trouble than it was worth to have them shipped in bulk from China.

I'll test a few suitable solutions myself and will append the "Prep Steps" video to the tutorial series. I just need to work out the packaging and logistics.

I just finished it but I can't get it to float? It feels like it always pushes off the dome. Any tips?
Did you practice floating it several times before building it? Go back through the floating tips videos and take your time. Use very subtle slow adjustments and reevaluate how sensitive you’re being with the magnets

I just finished it but I can't get it to float? It feels like it always pushes off the dome. Any tips?
Did you figure it out? There's a supplemental video after Video Tutorial #2 spending 15 minutes on different techniques that help explain it.
Here's some additional tips.

Attachments

• instructions.pdf
    171.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Does anyone have any good spray can alternatives? Can’t seem to find the recommended paint in Europe.
The original was painted with the same reefer white that the ship models were painted with. Any flat white spray paint will do as long as it is compatible with the primer you use and intended for painting plastic. Once you start weathering it, it won't make a noticeable difference.
The paint on the tutorials is just what I used.

I want to take another path regarding to the red rings to match the real prop since as far as I can tell they seemed to be painted. My question is which red I can use since it does not seem to be a plain one but a little more bloody or brick red and my second question it's if before or after gluing the white half moons, in some pics from the real prop they are painted after applying them but I can't tell for sure.

I want to take another path regarding to the red rings to match the real prop since as far as I can tell they seemed to be painted. My question is which red I can use since it does not seem to be a plain one but a little more bloody or brick red and my second question it's if before or after gluing the white half moons, in some pics from the real prop they are painted after applying them but I can't tell for sure.
Tamiya Boxcar red and it was painted after the styrene pieces were applied. The real prop is extremely messy in these areas.

I'm not going to be making more of the full kits. I've retired that project officially after 5 years.
But I will eventually offer greeblies/styrene/decals/alignment jigs/diffusers/etc. kits in a "BYOG" (Buy Your Own Globe) version. This will come with everything but the floating globe, including the same video tutorials.

The main reason for this is the supplier for the bases and spheres got flaky on me and it was becoming more trouble than it was worth to have them shipped in bulk from China.

I'll test a few suitable solutions myself and will append the "Prep Steps" video to the tutorial series. I just need to work out the packaging and logistics.
Oh no! I kept waiting for future runs and missed out! :( Is the sphere literally just a floating globe from something like Amazon? Because I will absolutely hop on a run of the new kit

Oh no! I kept waiting for future runs and missed out! :( Is the sphere literally just a floating globe from something like Amazon? Because I will absolutely hop on a run of the new kit
Yes, I got my spheres and bases in bulk directly from the manufacturer that makes those globes. They're sold under many different brands and the bases all look a little different but the electronics and globes are all pretty much identical.
So what I'll probably do is buy a few different ones to test and verify which brands will work, then add a supplemental video on prepping the globe by removing the "earth" graphic and sanding it down. Then at that point the process is completely identical.

Yes, I got my spheres and bases in bulk directly from the manufacturer that makes those globes. They're sold under many different brands and the bases all look a little different but the electronics and globes are all pretty much identical.
So what I'll probably do is buy a few different ones to test and verify which brands will work, then add a supplemental video on prepping the globe by removing the "earth" graphic and sanding it down. Then at that point the process is completely identical.
Oh great!! You rock, Trent :cool:(y) I'll keep an eye on the thread

Have you thought of making a version without the electronics with a static base? The magnetic base looks awesome but when you loose power during an outage it can go terrible wrong for the remote.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back