The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

I think the bag that I have was used as extreme reference and they created their own bag that’s why it looks a little different, for example another difference is with the straps and top Handle the one in the show the straps are further apart and on the actual backpack there closer together to the top handle
I never spotted that. What possible could have happened was that the straps were removed to add the nylon webbing and D-rings, then they were sown back on to fresh material further apart.

Attachments

• IMG_4597.png
    IMG_4597.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4560.jpeg
    IMG_4560.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 93
Does anyone happen to know what brand of Rifle sling Joel is using? There are a few shots that have some kind of logo on it, but a lot of the logos on other pieces clothing they have taken off or modified so it could be something that was added by the prop/wardrobe department View attachment 1682958
First of all, Hello everyone MASSIVE thank you to all of you for this thread. Your detective skills are amazing and have really helped me out I'm very close to completing a screen accurate version of this cosplay thank to everyone's efforts and communication. Thankfully I haven't gone insane while doing it, I will post my results upon completion.

Now when it came to finding the rifle strap I found my way back here and I believe I have found and confirmed the strap in question.

paulhaga was right.​

The strap is indeed a Levy's strap, all be it an older one that I sadly believe is no longer made. It is:

LEVY'S LEATHER - LEATHER SLING - 2 1/4" WALNUT COBRA STYLE W/ WALNUT ACCENT & WHITE STITCHING - 37" - SN22TT-WAL
1693223978800.png
1693223998889.png

Link to the only seller ive found: Levy's Leather - Leather Sling - 2 1/4" Walnut Cobra Style w/ Walnut Accent & White Stitching - 37" - SN22TT-WAL

While I think I'm 99.9% correct with this hoping to get your thoughts on it. Either way I'm Glad I'm finally getting to return the favour for all the help you lot have given me.

Cheers!

I asked Cynthia about the undershirt, leather belt and the color of the levis 505 that they used, here is the reply.

"Hi there! Joel’s Levi color was custom. We started with a dark color / ground and bleached them out and then overdyed them with a couple of mixtures of color. His leather belt is from a company called Aunts and Uncles. The undershirt is from National Athletic goods. Hope that helps!"

Does anyone have a good shot of Joel's belt buckle? Should be fairly quick to find it now that we have the brand!

I asked Cynthia about the undershirt, leather belt and the color of the levis 505 that they used, here is the reply.

"Hi there! Joel’s Levi color was custom. We started with a dark color / ground and bleached them out and then overdyed them with a couple of mixtures of color. His leather belt is from a company called Aunts and Uncles. The undershirt is from National Athletic goods. Hope that helps!"

Does anyone have a good shot of Joel's belt buckle? Should be fairly quick to find it now that we have the brand!
I wish we could get the color dye for the River Island shirt. This is really good though!

I wish we could get the color dye for the River Island shirt. This is really good though!
I'd love to dye one, but they've discontinued them and i don't wanna risk my only one haha. I've only ever dyed shirts (Thanks Rick Grimes lol) but i'm tempted to grab a pair of 505 and try to get a similar color like Joel's, has anyone tried it yet? In the meantime i've been using a pair of light wash 501's.

Attachments

• TLOU.jpg
    TLOU.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158

So I bought the National Athletic Goods Long Sleeve 5oz Gym Tee from Withered Fig. It just came in through the mail.

This is definitely the undershirt he wears under the Fjallraven. It fits really nice, and it's much lighter than expected, so it's not super thick with the green Fjallraven shirt. It's too hot in LA right now, so hopefully when it gets colder I can complete the ensemble.

Unfortunately, and I checked, this is pretty much sold out everywhere. Ever since it was posted, I think either everyone bought it from your post, or there were just enough left around at the tail end of the season.

Since the show was filmed more than a year ago, I'd say the current iteration that was sold, might differ in the thickness of the collar verrrrrrrrrrry slightly. But other than that, this is the long sleeve he wears for sure.

I did find one place that is selling it,

But theirs is $130. Snag it up while you can folk
IMG_0478.JPG
s.

(Please disregard the slight chub ha, I'm trying to kill it with the workouts haha).

I have 2 medium Fjallraven shirts and 2 (or 3?) XXXL ones.

Is anyone willing to do me a solid and do a custom job to make pockets and delete the left side of the shirt to put new fabric from the XXXL there?

Anyone who is a pro?

Cosplay is coming along well haha. I don’t think I’ve ever grown my hair out this much.
Nice to be able to make your own props.

Thank you guys so much for helping get this mission accomplished!

Also, hello yall! This is who has been annoying on here for these past months. haha

B5E26F21-6CAF-4206-AE4C-C1A5FF9BA84D.jpeg

Last edited:
Cosplay is coming along well haha. I don’t think I’ve ever grown my hair out this much.
Nice to be able to make your own props.

Thank you guys so much for helping get this mission accomplished!

Also, hello yall! This is who has been annoying on here for these past months. haha

View attachment 1737400
Dude, you are killing the look. I wish my hair were naturally curly to pull off the style

Hey guys thought id just drop an update

First pictures of my Joel are done! I meant to post these sooner but I forgot. I've got 3 different versions (the starting denim shirt I still need to weather, the one you see here and the black denim shirt) and I've even got plans to get a shoot done on a horse so might post those in the future.

Big thanks to Immortal for the watch, its excellent he's done a fantastic job on that watch deffo go grab one if you can!

There's still a couple of things I'm planning on getting and a few things I need to adjust and weather, but pretty much done and relatively complete!

20230909_080918.jpg
Joel 6.jpg
Joel 5.jpg
Joel 4.jpg
20230909_080809.jpg

I also believe I've tracked the belt down given the bread crumbs Deadman dropped in here!

I believe its the Aunts&Uncels Gentle Fella belt. These are the best screen grabs I've got of it in the series and a shot of the one I bought. This was the only buckle from that company that came anywhere near close to matching the shots from the show so I'm pretty certain this is it. Small issue however, I believe they only dispatch to Europe only I couldn't get it sent to the UK, luckily I have a friend in Germany who sent it over for me so not sure if anyone else will have any trouble getting it.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 233448.png
Screenshot 2023-09-06 233533.png

20230920_131328.jpg

Hope everyone else's is coming together just as well.

Ther

First pictures of my Joel are done! I meant to post these sooner but I forgot. I've got 3 different versions (the starting denim shirt I still need to weather, the one you see here and the black denim shirt) and I've even got plans to get a shoot done on a horse so might post those in the future.

Big thanks to Immortal for the watch, its excellent he's done a fantastic job on that watch deffo go grab one if you can!

There's still a couple of things I'm planning on getting and a few things I need to adjust and weather, but pretty much done and relatively complete!

View attachment 1741407View attachment 1741408View attachment 1741409View attachment 1741410View attachment 1741411

I also believe I've tracked the belt down given the bread crumbs Deadman dropped in here!

I believe its the Aunts&Uncels Gentle Fella belt. These are the best screen grabs I've got of it in the series and a shot of the one I bought. This was the only buckle from that company that came anywhere near close to matching the shots from the show so I'm pretty certain this is it. Small issue however, I believe they only dispatch to Europe only I couldn't get it sent to the UK, luckily I have a friend in Germany who sent it over for me so not sure if anyone else will have any trouble getting it.

View attachment 1741417View attachment 1741416

View attachment 1741418

Love the cosplay photos!

Regarding the belt, you are correct. It is the GENTLE FELLA in dark brown. There are a good few shots of the belt in episode where you can pretty clearly see the buckle, most notably arround the scene when they are eating breakfast. If anyone in here needs help buying one, scream out and i can lend a helping hand :)

Ther

Love the cosplay photos!

Regarding the belt, you are correct. It is the GENTLE FELLA in dark brown. There are a good few shots of the belt in episode where you can pretty clearly see the buckle, most notably arround the scene when they are eating breakfast. If anyone in here needs help buying one, scream out and i can lend a helping hand :)
Yes I'm down! I wear a 36 or 91!

View attachment 1741407View attachment 1741408View attachment 1741409View attachment 1741410View attachment 1741411

View attachment 1741417View attachment 1741416

View attachment 1741418

Looking amazing man! I'm still trying to see if anyone on here is willing to cut up a few shirts for me and sew the Fjallraven shirt up for me.

I have 2 x XXXL and 2 x M of them - need to get 2 x M all patched up and made in to the Joel shirt.

Hi Everyone, as you know, I’ve been hand making the Joel watch for sale on Etsy, and I’ve run in to a set back. I’m trying to find someone - anyone that is able to make the Birthday hands, but my only possible source is radio silent on making them because it’s more tedious than expected. Do any of you guys know of anyone that could fabricate?

Looking at soon offering the “Birthday MK .5”, because I don’t have the hands yet!!
0B6C7465-56B9-4D73-BE4B-7D50855E5700.jpeg

25C8D3E9-9180-4327-82BE-A1CB8EB68B68.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back