The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

Working on a surprise…..
image.jpg

Finally pulled the trigger on the Flint and Tinder jacket! Can’t wait.

Ready to ship a few more Joel watches out tomorrow morning.

Trying to get the birthday hands made has been an exhausting journey. As you can see from above.

Been working with multiple vendors trying to get samples done, and it’s been hard, but at least I have 3D files to work off of.

Will keep you guys posted!
8A0B92A4-90E1-46EB-B2A3-0BE80FF6FE0A.jpeg

Ther

Love the cosplay photos!

Regarding the belt, you are correct. It is the GENTLE FELLA in dark brown. There are a good few shots of the belt in episode where you can pretty clearly see the buckle, most notably arround the scene when they are eating breakfast. If anyone in here needs help buying one, scream out and i can lend a helping hand :)
Shot you a PM!

Finally pulled the trigger on the Flint and Tinder jacket! Can’t wait.

Ready to ship a few more Joel watches out tomorrow morning.

Trying to get the birthday hands made has been an exhausting journey. As you can see from above.

Been working with multiple vendors trying to get samples done, and it’s been hard, but at least I have 3D files to work off of.

Will keep you guys posted!
View attachment 1750202
Are you leaving the jacket as is or trying to remove the wax?

Are you leaving the jacket as is or trying to remove the wax?
I honestly don't know yet.

I'm sure many people have had this dilemma when they bought the jacket on this forum.

I'm more incline to just wear the crap out of the jacket in the first place, and let the wax naturally leave the jacket, that way I can patina and have it lose the wax.

Honestly, that's more than likely how Joel would have obtained the look anyway.

If I remove the wax, I'm just speeding up the process.

In summation, I honestly don't think you need to remove the wax or weather this jacket, so your best bet to get the look is to just, well, wear it.

I honestly don't know yet.

I'm sure many people have had this dilemma when they bought the jacket on this forum.

I'm more incline to just wear the crap out of the jacket in the first place, and let the wax naturally leave the jacket, that way I can patina and have it lose the wax.

Honestly, that's more than likely how Joel would have obtained the look anyway.

If I remove the wax, I'm just speeding up the process.

In summation, I honestly don't think you need to remove the wax or weather this jacket, so your best bet to get the look is to just, well, wear it.
Just don't forget that washing the jacket WILL shrink it a good amount. I wouldn't be surprised if production team had to buy bigger sizes that shrunk down when they boiled/washed the jackets to get all the wax off.

You're better off just wearing the jacket and letting the wax wear off itself. But I would always recommend to keep it waxed, and rewax when required. Rewaxing will give it a really nice, lived in patina you only get with waxed jackets.

Just don't forget that washing the jacket WILL shrink it a good amount. I wouldn't be surprised if production team had to buy bigger sizes that shrunk down when they boiled/washed the jackets to get all the wax off.

You're better off just wearing the jacket and letting the wax wear off itself. But I would always recommend to keep it waxed, and rewax when required. Rewaxing will give it a really nice, lived in patina you only get with waxed jackets.
Yes!!

Just dont do it guys. You're going to spend $320+ on this jacket after taxes and shipping just to ruin it, and then not be able to return it.

DONT UNWAX OR BOIL!!!

Did we ever confirm material specs from the prop department? I tried to reach out to them, but they were very “NDA, can’t say anything”.

Yes, you can waxed both fabrics.
Duck cloth or canvas and twill fabrics main difference between these two fabrics is the weave construction.
Twill fabric has diagonal line, and Canvas is made with a simple plainweave pattern, (over one, under one).

View attachment 1753121
Oh wow, that’s really interesting. The color on the right, is that the light brown?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back