Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser closing?

I haven't been to either one... any of their immersive experiences if you count the Starcruiser.
I love the idea that there is at least some star wars feeling places there. To me, it never mattered that the place they picked for one of them were not in the movies. I just thought that expanded some possibilities and made it fun to see a place you could not go in a movie.

Its odd that they chose both places (or all three) to be like that and not just recreate one of them to be from the former films or something so fans would have an automatic connecting point with one of the parks. I figured that would be the most logical idea.
The rest of Disney is from something..looking back to something.. why not this?

Granted, the Falcon itself is the big connecting point, its been around forever, and that is a huge set piece... and there are numerous other things that connect the areas. However, you already have a following for the OT... and this is where that tough topic comes in and has been discussed over and over at length... that discussion always lurks down there, and for me, is tiresome.

I would love to visit one of them and see it all live and in person for myself. I have worked on many full sized vehicles and characters and props and sets, so seeing something to that scale and immersive, at least more than one set, would be incredible. I also know what that kid in me really wanted. And its not there.

I actually had a similar thought. Why not make the Star Wars land different in both parks? Instead of making the exact same experience, make one land Tatooine and the other say, Coruscant or maybe Endor or Naboo or Yavin. You could still have the Falcon in both places or maybe instead an X-Wing and Y-Wing in its place in a location. You'd also get fans who would spend extra to make trips to both parks. Seems like a win all around.

For any of y'all who haven't seen this, I would just prefer that Disney build a dedicated park and give us what we deserve...

ForceWorld2.0.jpg

Art by Kevin Lynch, 2020. Looking at the detaiI here gives me happy thoughts...

That's an elaborate idea. Ambitious.

Unfortunately the franchise is too wrecked to justify that kind of full-size theme park (with the quality & location of a Disney park) today.

15-20 years ago it might have been worth discussing. But even then, the real estate inside the Disney parks was too valuable. A bigger SW park would probably have needed to be located somewhere else.

Too bad China isn't into SW like our culture is. They would build a whole Death Star or something. Especially the China of 15-20 years ago.

I'm still hopeful they'll do some seasonal rebrand/resettings of GE, not much redressing needed, to have OT characters and stormtroopers running around at some point. The Falcon could have a round radar dish installed, and the newer-than-OT ships could have propaganda posters installed describing them as THE FUTURE of the Empire and the Rebel Alliance, etc, for recruiting purposes. Join now to be the among the first to pilot the new enhanced T-70 X-wing! Got tech skills? Join the Empire and design amazing new fighters like the TIE Echelon! Easy rebrand and reset.

Plus just give us all the smugglers, droids and background characters that were promised to make it an immersive experience. Maybe have immersive days where only bounders and cosplayers are allowed in. The fan clubs would definitely rise to the occasion, as we've seen with the special SW Nights.

We've talked about this before. You have just got to STOP bringing common sense into your arguments! You'll just go mad... this is Disney, after all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back