revision of Indiana Jones Lost Journal

How did you print these inserts? I want to start the project but have no idea how to create these authentic inserts.
some of my inserts were authentic pieces found at online auctions like ebay (eg my WWI field service card - you can find them unused). Others were printed via laser printer on various types of paper. If printed on plain white paper they were mostly aged using tea baths. You will need to experiment. If using tea baths I found strong tea in a shallow container worked well. If you want to deepen the effect do multiple baths for the same document. You can use concentrated to tea with a paint brush to get effects on the edge of paper. Experiment. Look at old documents.

I also went and bough a bunch of nibed pens to write with. If you can do running writing it will help.

I was able to find the Buddha bookmark (5 x 12.8cm, with bright red silk (?) ribbon) and Asakusa postcard (14 x 9cm) from the episode board that indydiary51 found. I actually got original copies of each that showed up on ebay but thought I would share the photos here so anyone can recreate if they want.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1709933262561.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709933262561.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 21
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I was able to find the Buddha bookmark and Asakusa postcard from the episode board that indydiary51 found. I actually got original copies of each that showed up on ebay but thought I would share the photos here so anyone can recreate if they want.
What are the dimensions of these?

This is the Pancho Villa photo from the board.

Attachments

• Pancho-Villa-revolutionaries-Mexican-Hacienda-de-Bustillos-1911.jpg
    Pancho-Villa-revolutionaries-Mexican-Hacienda-de-Bustillos-1911.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 22
meine Tagebuchseite vom 29.6.1914
29. Juni 1914. Heute lese ich in den Zeitungen von der Ermordung des österreichischen Thronfolgers Franz Ferdinand und seiner Frau. Meine Gedanken sind bei Sophie. Es muss unglaublich schwer für sie gewesen sein, beide Eltern verloren zu haben. Ich weiß aus erster Hand, wie es ist, eine Mutter zu verlieren. Für mich war es niederschmetternd. Ich trage immer noch das Amulett, das sie mir damals geschenkt hat. Zwar steckt jetzt ein neues Bild darin, das sie mir kürzlich geschickt hat, aber die Erinnerungen an diese Zeit sind nie aus meinem Herzen verschwunden. Ich muss zugeben, sie sieht auf diesem Foto einfach wunderschön aus. Das Amulett ist irgendwie zu einem Talisman für mich geworden. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob ich Sophie jemals wiedersehen werde, besonders jetzt, angesichts der Zeiten, die vor uns liegen. Der Krieg droht.

meine Tagebuchseite vom 29.6.1914
29. Juni 1914. Heute lese ich in den Zeitungen von der Ermordung des österreichischen Thronfolgers Franz Ferdinand und seiner Frau. Meine Gedanken sind bei Sophie. Es muss unglaublich schwer für sie gewesen sein, beide Eltern verloren zu haben. Ich weiß aus erster Hand, wie es ist, eine Mutter zu verlieren. Für mich war es niederschmetternd. Ich trage immer noch das Amulett, das sie mir damals geschenkt hat. Zwar steckt jetzt ein neues Bild darin, das sie mir kürzlich geschickt hat, aber die Erinnerungen an diese Zeit sind nie aus meinem Herzen verschwunden. Ich muss zugeben, sie sieht auf diesem Foto einfach wunderschön aus. Das Amulett ist irgendwie zu einem Talisman für mich geworden. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob ich Sophie jemals wiedersehen werde, besonders jetzt, angesichts der Zeiten, die vor uns liegen. Der Krieg droht.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
POINT #2

M. Official Language. While our communities welcome people of all language, English is the official language of our communities because it is the common language between our staff and members. Because we cannot moderate conversations in a foreign language, you may not hold a public conversation in a language other than English.

june 29, 1914. Today I read in the newspapers about the assassination of Austria's heir to the throne, Franz Ferdinand, and his wife. My thoughts are with Sophie. It must be incredibly difficult for her to have lost both parents. I know firsthand what it's like to lose a mother. It was devastating for me. I still wear the amulet she gave me back then. While there's now a new picture inside it that she sent recently, the memories of those times have never faded from my heart. I must admit, she looks simply beautiful in this photo. The amulet has somehow become a talisman for me. I'm unsure if I'll ever see Sophie again, especially now, given the times that lie ahead. War looms over us.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
POINT #2

M. Official Language. While our communities welcome people of all language, English is the official language of our communities because it is the common language between our staff and members. Because we cannot moderate conversations in a foreign language, you may not hold a public conversation in a language other than English.
soory es geht immer wieder ins deutsche wenn ich schreibe

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back