Interest Blade Runner ID Card from Earl Hays Press

I love that. Just grab a random blurb. Done
Even "worse" than just grabbing a random blurb....They clearly had a look through University names and just choose a few and then threw other random connected parts together too...It's like an art student, drunk, decided to use the address of where they studied, and then gave up half way through and just started tripping.....Up to maybe "Chiyoda", it almost makes sense....LOL...Since the University is in Chiyoda-ku (a borough in Tokyo)...But after that? Nooooooooope......

Brilliant use of Japanese.

I love that. Just grab a random blurb. Done
Hi, I haven't placed my order yet as it does depend on the expected shipping timeline as I live in the UK but for most of October I will be in the US. Do you have any idea what the timeline might look like as I would much rather have it shipped to me whilst I am in the US for obvious reasons.

Lĺlĺll

Its probably a matter of them not caring as much. No one was ever expected to see the IDs so it may have been easier for Mr Ford to say that, or they liked those numbers better.

For all we know it was a phone number that was easy for Mr. Ford to remember and ramble out.

He and Mark evidently had an argument over whose phone number would be used in the Trash Compactor scene in Star Wars (“326-3827!”…which was evidently Mark’s number at the time).

Order placed...

Really looking forward to receiving this !

I really should have asked if I could just go and pick It up... I'm in LA...

The card I received looks to have a Rubylith X not Amberlith as previously shown in the recent videos and as listed on Earl Hays Press product site. I'm pretty (OK, very) disappointed in what I have sitting in front of me. This is (for me) an important detail and was a selling point. Is there something that my disappointment is keeping me from seeing/understanding what I have here?

Last edited:
I don't recall what "Amberlith X" is, but the card I received looks like the X is in Rubylith not Amberlith.

Can anyone set me strait on Amberlith X? I'm pretty disappointed in what I have sitting in front of me based on this (for me) important detail and how it stacks up to the Jacobson I.D., or the Deckard I.D. from the recent production videos.
Ok maybe I spoke to soon in my earlier post after reading this. Rick could you post what you've received??

Bash , I updated my post (in my frustration I read "Amberlith X" as though it was specific material that I was unfamiliar with or had forgotten, not "an Amberlith X'). Regardless, not an apparent materials/color match.

With regard to the I.D. number, I would assume that all the production-used I.D.s have the same number. There is no reason to think that Earl Hays Press would create more than one for the production.

As received.

20230926_121157.jpg

And with some Amberlith for comparison.

20230926_121221.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm that looks like Amberlith to me. It may be a tiny shade darker than the sample you've laid next to it but still reads very orange to me. Rubylith is VERY dark red
1695750514533.png

1695750531210.png

Curiouser and curiouser. Well they definitely have Amberlith at Earls as seen here from the Tested vid, i'm wondering if the variation in colour could be a subtle change from one roll of Ulano to another?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back