The search for the white Stand and deliver vest is far less fruitful. I have found only one. It is faaaaar overpriced and still NOT 100% accurate. The Jacket Shop, online store, has this on the left for 450+ but still does not have the v cut at the bottom.

View attachment 1731061

I thought it could just be flipped out at the belt but that is just too much space to be a fold angle.
Greenmachines have you noticed the black studs on that one section of his belt of that you can add your find weeks ago? Easy to emulate I was hoping you found the right buckle. It's coming together!!

Greenmachines have you noticed the black studs on that one section of his belt of that you can add your find weeks ago? Easy to emulate I was hoping you found the right buckle. It's coming together!!
I, of course, buried my grommet kit somewhere so now am reorganizing my wife's craft room to find them.

Not a huge leap forward but I got my oval pinky base ring filled to cover the previous etching and tomorrow will flatten the top curve. I will do some print tests tomight for the Too Fast To Live text.

20230823_211301.jpg
20230823_211310.jpg

I am really liking how the jb-weld will equalize and self level before it hardens.

Spades overlay attached. Certainly shy of size by about 1/16 to 1/8 but I am putting this one in the done pile. Might come back to it if my end pose annoys me enough:

20230824_192342.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if the costume designer took Adam and his multiple layers as a copy for POTC:unsure::p;)
So, total sidenote and likely unrelated BUT....

Vivienne Westwood's shop (lifelong partner to Malcolm, manager to the Sex Pistols) has undergone numerous name changes due to British law about indecency. After "Too fast to live Too Young to Die" and "Sex", and others, it changed to ...... drum roll.......... WORLD'S END. If Jack Sparrow is in the market place, grabbing a new skull ring, he may very well be found "At World's End".

Lots of my base parts came in today. I will be finishing the styling on the "too young to die" pinky ring, the nickel ring and the spades ring. Here they are before customizing and the bracelet (before buffing and addition of the side catch wire and ball).

View attachment 1729259View attachment 1729260

I will post links for the base rings tomorrow. I can now confirm that they will suffice as replica parts but need the final touches.
Just noticed, and a bit disappointed that this bracelet is not the one I ordered. The catch is on the side and not centered like Adam's nor like the picture in the catalog....
20230824_205458.jpg

as compared to...

Screenshot_20230724-181912_Gallery.jpg

and Adam's

Screenshot_20230724-094601_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I will paint on the center catch shape and solder on the wire catch on the side and do the frosted glass paint that was suggested by Moviefreak. I like how the rings turned out so will continue with that method. But, when it bugs you that it doesn't match, we will assume it is Adam's "other" bracelet.

I like your steady progress! Nice technique on the rings by the way! I may have missed it, but are those water slide decals you created yourself?

I like your steady progress! Nice technique on the rings by the way! I may have missed it, but are those water slide decals you created yourself?
I went for a very hardy laser print. The print shop here has a setting that turns down the temp in the fuser. This way I can put it print side down and it is protected. I do similar on white waterproof paper for color overlays. Still just making it up as I go. Would love pointers on other methods. My cutter cannot do this very small work so masking and spraying was not an option.

I messed up. Right after posting about turning the print side down, I realized I had been in a hurry and failed to have the image inverted so print side had to be up. After one overspray, I taped the surface and painted again. It lifted the image edges when I removed the masking tape. So off to the print shop I go to get the inverse image printed.... will post again tonight.

After 3 times of corroding the new silver paint with my own fingers (clean but somehow chemically altering the paint), I waited for it to dry (total curing, not just partly dry or the clear coat dissolves the silver) and then clearcoated. This resolved the corruption issue on the reflective paint. After applying the top acetate photocopy overlay using simple doublesided, clear tape, and trimming edges, I am calling the pinky ring "Good enough at ten feet". One day when I revisit this ring, I will attempt a sublimation pass like on coffee mugs. I expect it won't work over spray paint but should on a direct to metal attempt.

So, here AGAIN is the pinky ring:

20230827_082440.jpg

and then Adam's:

20230827_083550.jpg

If sublimation will work, so will a reverse image that will then allow some minor acid etching and then an enamel fill. That would create a true replica that would be very hardy indeed.

Because I am redoing the spades ring, I needed true sizing. I loaded a picture app that measures against known sizes within the image. Adam's nickel ring has a known coin diameter of 21.21mm. This renders the spades ring measurements as:

Screenshot_20230827-094917_ImageMeter.jpg

26x16mm. If there is any fudge room, it is on the short side. So, possibly, 26x15.5. That part of the image was harder to determine a hard line.

20230827_133533.jpg

Arrived pretty quick. I have removed my jb weld circles and mounted these instead. I am currently working toward jb weld masking these into the contour of the ring.

20230827_152644.jpg

I heated a glue stick and mounted the coins to the end of the stick. I could then clearly see while doing the first round of super glue bonding.

20230827_155819.jpg

This was a great upgrade to this project. Again thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have now cleared the excess super glue / baking soda mix and am contouring the edges with jb weld. Tomorrow, I should be able to complete sanding and possibly have the coins masked for the first coat of silver.

Today's mail brought me an ebay purchase, the glasses in gold. I had ordered from ezcontacts and then found out they are a scam site. So they are currently holding my order hostage. I then purchased this pair on ebay and they have already arrived.

20230828_163108.jpg

I will stain the frames to match the pose originals. This was 130 compared to the original price of 450. My current hostage order was 209. Ezcontacts runs several names and the U.S. Better Business Bureau has failed to note they have a terrible reputation under all but one. My guess is they just continue to change their name.

And actually I want to provide my ebay seller name, they have glasses as their specialty. Will post again in a few minutes.

Last edited:
jb.sales is the name and by a freakish coincidence, is in Brooklyn, the same as the ezcontacts scam store. This ebay seller was fast and replied very quickly to questions. Whereas ezcontacts lived down to their reputation by claiming they can't cancel my order because they are "refilling backorder".

Screenshot_20230828-195315_eBay.jpg

Back