OK, attempt two at this post: The right hand gun is the Russian Cavalry Pistol I listed earlier from imfdb. The Russian Cavalry 1809. First a few views of Adam's and then the 1809 from research and use in other films.

Screenshot_20231013-144159_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231013-141201_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231013-140649_Gallery.jpg

The trigger guard is just slightly different so possibly the same gun but different year (or is a reproduction). Here are some photos of the historical gun and some replicas used in films.

Screenshot_20231104-182328_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231104-232604_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20231104-234140_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Formula_lyubvi-Pistol-1.jpg

And finally this side by side picture.

20231104_235620.jpg

Last edited:
So my next cosplay build will be a giant waffle outfit, so that I can wear it while waffling on previous decisions. Today's waffle, Adam's left hand side gun. It is not an English Light Dragoon but is its extremely chummy cousin, the British Sea Service - 9 inch barrel short version BUT only as a newer, modern reproduction. Why you ask? Well, hurry up and ask..... OK, so, two distinct reasons it is not the almost perfect match dragoon:

1) The push rod holder is only the correct hardware on the English Sea Service short version. The long version is NOT correct either.

20231105_145902.jpg

None of the other pistols has that hardware with the short gap.

2) The reason that only a newer replica will suffice? Adam's butt plate has the main cover with ears going up the sides. This is normal for this historic gun. What is not normal is the central circular plate addition and the center pin. First pic is the plate on Adam's gun, then the smooth one piece historic plate that does not match and finally a replica that matches Adam's gun at each part. Some repros referred to as "officers" is a direct match.

Screenshot_20231013-140637_Gallery.jpg
20231105_151117.jpg
Screenshot_20231105-144317_Samsung Internet.jpg

and the link to this pistol listing with 9 views...

20231105_151427.jpg

I had been advised that the French sea service would work but it does not seem to have a short version. If a short one exists and has this two part rod holder with just the short gap, then possibly but they also don't seem to be brass like Adam's. What they do have is an appropriate 3 part butt plate like on Adam's.

And another with a better view of butt plate.

I still have not found the source for these repros. But it does look like the correct search would include "officer's", "short version", "English Sea service", "British Sea Service", "flintlock pistol", and possibly "9 inch" or 9".

Last edited:
I found a sold listing for a Tower flintlock that specifies it is by EIG and was made in the 1970s in Japan.
I think the butt plate matches and it is listed as 9 inches.

Edit: The one you posted looks suspiciously like someone intentionally obliterated the EIG mark and overstamped it.

I found a sold listing for a Tower flintlock that specifies it is by EIG and was made in the 1970s in Japan.
I think the butt plate matches and it is listed as 9 inches.

Edit: The one you posted looks suspiciously like someone intentionally obliterated the EIG mark and overstamped it.
Excellent research. I will run with both and see what I find for current availability.

While waiting on my family to get ready today, I worked on my hat. Covered the new pattern in cloth. Completely forgot to make a second pattern but did take a pic of the flat pattern. So first pattern, then pic with measurements (it matches for size).

20231105_162102.jpg

20231106_001735.jpg

and Adam's hat:

20231106_010943.jpg

Tomorrow, I will place the leather badge and start on feathers.

This file has 4 ace images, which means it matches Adam's hat card for your printing pleasure.... most only have two and not in the corner where Adam's ace sticks out so they wouldn't work...

ace stratus.jpg

Standard playing card but I don't currently have that measurement.

Updated (found it, continued for about 4 posts)....So I need some input on this medallion above and behind the leather badge....

Screenshot_20231106-191317_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231106-191019_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
My goal with the ace is to print it on laser card stock with a photo face finish. If it is not shiny enough, place packing tape ove the surface and trim to the edges. I will post when complete.

OK, buckle up buttercup. I found an Easter egg in real life. I don't know the connection or the story behind it but there is sure to be one. While working on the bicorn hat adornments, I saw a little bright spot of green. It is hidden completely behind the leather "for Adam Ant", Mich Dulce hat badge and only shows up as a gleam of color. Also, there was the top portion of a ring of metal. Different views of this ring show the letters "virt". I guessed that it was "virtue". I guessed that it was a tartan clasp because of other Scottish outfits he has worn. I found the brooch. It happens to be the clan symbol for clan Maclean... and their tartan is of course GREEN AND BLACK. So, I knew this had to be a patch of tartan pinned to the back of this brooch. After many pictures, I found a high resolution shot that shows the tartan just enough. Well, it is just enough because I already expected to find it.
I don't doubt there is some article somewhere talking about this but I am pretty stoked right now for having found it. I thought for a moment it might just be a green flash of an iridescent black feather.

20231106_213809.jpg

684a0a289f389fffc635db3401294d45.jpg

Last edited:
Well done greenmachines! As I was reading to catch up, I had a far-fetched idea for the badge, but then continued on to see that you nailed it and that my initial guess was wrong (I was leaning toward a military badge). Nice find on the tartan as well - my initial guess was a fabric swatch as military units sometimes put them behind badges for various reasons, but I know zero about Scottish clans! ;-)

Keep up the great work - your hat is going to look fantastic.

You nailed all of the details on that hat for sure:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: I've noticed that the brim has some kind of "lip" over his left temple and under the badge also...Keep up the great work!

I printed my Ace at 2.5 inch by 3.5 inch, on semi gloss card stock, laser print, and then covered it in packing tape, front and back. I then trimmed the edges and the corners. As the card and other items move around on the hat, this is just a pic showing progress and is not a permanent placement. Keep your adornments removable so they do not hinder pictures of a specific pose that may not contain all elements of the final hat.

I have attached my leather badge with hot glue on the bottom left in a smiley, creating a pocket for feathers. First Adam for comp then mine:

20231106_190746.jpg

20231108_172533.jpg

20231108_172750.jpg
20231108_172652.jpg

Last edited:
Due to color differences in this picture, I now have this:

20231108_230222.jpg

which looks very similar to this:

20231108_230346.jpg

What say you?

So, I think this is definitely a previous pinback of Adam but I don't think it is an exact match. That might not matter at this size.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back