My thrift store find today...View attachment 1726544

The original has a square buckle and I will search for it but will likely just make it. The second buckle is far more rare and I will make it from sheet brass as I have already spent many unsuccessful hours trying to find it to purchase.

View attachment 1726545

I did get a second black belt today as well. Both were 5.50 each. A good day for just wandering about. Coincidence is, the second belt had no buckle. I thought that was fate for a belt I am going to hand make the buckle for....
Great finds! If you make that dagger looking buckle I'll buy one from you.

I think this one is likely an addition to the Now list:

Screenshot_20240108-055003_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is the artistic portrait pose but without the need for tatoo art reproduction, as in:

65be2db300f127e96cba43c564f8924b-363591933.png

And truthfully, this vest has so much potential with numerous shirts and color combinations.

At current, the hat (need to complete feathers), all visible rings, watch and glasses are all ready and I have two potential winners on the white shirt. A black shirt would crush the look as well. I believe I have a worthy bandana but would likely go with scarlet if not.

This has an added element of urgency now as the tour hits Oregon in May.

Here are some other Now outfits that were just Adam killing it on walk about (and there is that scarlet I was looking for):

8f1171d44b99148a9d59f29fad113b38-3080793689.jpg
0dbeea390949a088fa4a9112e966aa63--adam-ant-ants-3663564103.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I can appreciate the urgency already. This false sense of impending schedulistic implosion has allowed me to step past my "can make it myself" mode and I have ordered a fitted copy of the black and gold vest. See how easy that was? So now I ride the fake feeling of accomplishment with false hope that this online order won't be a disaster like the last online order. If it arrives and is a true match to the picture provided by the seller.... then I will provide contact info for anyone who wishes to purchase same. Until then we work on feathers.

OK, I can appreciate the urgency already. This false sense of impending schedulistic implosion has allowed me to step past my "can make it myself" mode and I have ordered a fitted copy of the black and gold vest. See how easy that was? So now I ride the fake feeling of accomplishment with false hope that this online order won't be a disaster like the last online order. If it arrives and is a true match to the picture provided by the seller.... then I will provide contact info for anyone who wishes to purchase same. Until then we work on feathers.
It would be way cool if you and Adam could be photographed together:cool::cool:(y)(y) That would make my day...nope; MY YEAR:D

Multiple disclaimers here, mirror pic, blurry shot, hadn't really expected to pose today, bla bla. However, I did go through some severe plucking and wanted to point out how my silhouette matching is coming along. Silhouetting is the number one trick I use in disguise makeup. Find the defining lines that would be the black line drawing cartoon outline of the character. Their defining features. Again, sorry for the crap picture, it was not intended but now I am plowed out on the couch and all hope is lost for any further effort today. (that is my excuse for everyone who hates bad pic excuses.....)

20240109_210859.jpg

And no rings, which is practically creative abuse on a grand scale. They were literally 20 feet away in the treasure box. Hoping for some manic high points tomorrow so I can get a bit more done. This is of course a Now pose, rendering a 2012 to 2019 Adam.

When my pile of fedoras came in, I knew I needed hat bands. I attempted ribbon but couldn't get them to lay flat. Ironing them, as per hat videos, just burned them. So I relied on ingenuity instead of talent. I purchased elastic in the same color and size and just stretched it around the hat and picked the stitch point. After sewing the ends to hide the cuts (folding ends etc.), I placed it on the first hat and pop, we have hat. So a bit of steaming yet to go to get Adam's signature curve but here is the band:

20240112_200737.jpg

and Adam's comp pic:

20240112_201445.jpg

Looks like some steam pinching needed as well.

Funny thing about ribbons being used on hats; generally the hat maker will use a glue gun to affix the ribbon. o_O I know, I know...some people will think that it's a "crime de lèse majesté"; but when you have a production line, that's what you have to do!;)

Having started with the easiest comp pose, here is the very first intentional photo shoot.

20240114_013719.jpg

And I really like this maxxed hue shot that really emphasizes all the accessories that were collected and crafted....

20240114_003652.jpg

Attachments

• 20240114_003652.jpg
    20240114_003652.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • 20240114_013719.jpg
    20240114_013719.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I took the photo with my foot. I got my solo poser photo booth set up. I project the intended pose inspiration picture (Adam) and the live view, of the camera viewing me, onto the wall I am looking at. This projection destination is based on the direction of the gaze of the person in the original picture so the location of the camera and the projector change per shot. I can then correct my pose to closely match. Currently, I am using an inferior laptop so there are time lags. So perfection is not to be, for now. I had to place the shutter switch on the floor and use my foot because Adam is using both hands in his pose. I also must change the lighting sources and direction to match the original. Not bad for first run. I have used it before for the Revenant photos but never with my foot.

I waffled on choosing a final on this one. The shot, that got the highest likeness rating, looks too young:

20240115_103445.jpg

20240115_013933.jpg

But, these two finally trigger the recognition switch for me:

20240115_102828.jpg
20240115_021121.jpg

and this final one I just liked better:

20240115_014338.jpg

I at least had the opportunity to hide the shutter switch in my hand under the coat arm. Using my foot on the previous pose was a bit tricky.

Tricky of course; Adam has his lower teeth showing in his pose + cap almost covering the upper lobe of his right ear.;)
The cap I ordered was a direct match in their advert but, as always, showed up In the mail as less baggy, different panels AND not the huge herringbone pattern but instead the standard run small pattern. I simply could not get it to lay the same.

On the two that I thought reminded me more of Adam, I wasn't even facing the right direction. There were at least 40 takes that were near match for pose but the one that jumps out to me isn't a match for the pose but just snaps as "not me" when I see it.

I have determined that I need to upgrade to directional mirror can lights as well, on a professional mobile pole stand. My current lighting was also overlighting my projection, making it difficult to see detail while posing.

Small refinements at each step. As always, thank you for the detailed look. I guess my greatest takeaway from Adam's wardrobe is the stuff I get to keep for mine. I am truly loving this coat.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back