Walking Dead Rick Jacket

well how can that be corrected?
By using different/thinner materials? By making sure that the collar is large enough? I'm sure it's not just one thing. It all comes down to the fact that apparently no tailor seems competent (or dare I say: willing enough) to nail down this jacket overall.

Compare the shoulders in the last photo to this one. Not to mention how much wider it is in the neck.

Edit: Added photo instead
View attachment 1826624
View attachment 1826625

Yes, I see what you mean, but my point is this:

zipped.jpg

If the jacket is zipped up higher, the shoulders don't hang as low and the collar is tighter. It could very well be that these two pics show the same L jacket and that the XL jacket really is just used for stunts?

Possibly. Maybe. I'm not fully convinced. The jacket in the pics of the series is pulling around the zipper indicating stress and the zipper and collar is way more open (causing the pulling/stress). Yours is much more relaxing and doesn't flare outwards with hardly any pulling/stress around the zipper. If you open up the collar of your L more the shoulders will also sit much lower.

I guess the measurements of the jacket that fav76 has bought could give us the definite answer.

But there being 4 jackets in the range of M-XL is definitely news to me.

Possibly. Maybe. I'm not fully convinced. The jacket in the pics of the series is pulling around the zipper indicating stress and the zipper and collar is way more open (causing the pulling/stress). Yours is much more relaxing and doesn't flare outwards with hardly any pulling/stress around the zipper. If you open up the collar of your L more the shoulders will also sit much lower.

I guess the measurements of the jacket that fav76 has bought could give us the definite answer.

But there being 4 jackets in the range of M-XL is definitely news to me.
fav76 has a normal UGG in Large. The one got from the goldin auction is bigger.

I don't know what else i could show you. The literal costume designer has said so herself. Having had Small, Medium, Large and XL in hand it's also easier to tell.

Edit:
Here is a photo with the UGG from auction and here is one of the normal UGG (Only one i have on hand) And even here, while the photo with the normal UGG isn't all that great. You can easily see the Goldin one being bigger.

Goldin UGG
1717455783304.png

1717455833645.png

Normal UGG
1717455805148.png

Last edited:
fav76 has a normal UGG in Large. The one got from the goldin auction is bigger.

I don't know what else i could show you. The literal costume designer has said so herself. Having had Small, Medium, Large and XL in hand it's also easier to tell.
In that case Rick is definitely wearing the L in those pics. Look at the fluffs of the fur, look at the hole on the right side of the jacket, look at the loose stitch thread hanging down at the chest seam where the chest pocket used to be. Not to mention the blood stains. Or we have two very very very similar jackets which I think is not likely looking at the differences in detail, wear/damage to the jacket, collar shape etc. between the other jackets.

zipped 2.jpg

I thought you said that was the L jacket? Well, in that case it's the XL jacket. :)
Haha no, sorry for confusion! My entire point is it being an XL :p

To clarify, fav76 has the Goldin one and a normal large UGG. The goldin one is bigger than a large STOCK, UNMODIFIED UGG. Hence, The picture from S6E15 is the XL. I've yet to do a rewatch though to nail down every time the XL is on screen. Since it was meant mainly for stunts, i assume it's mostly hidden in stunts though lol :rolleyes:

This brings another question though, why did they put Andy in the "stunt" jacket for what appears to be trough an entire episode? It's not unusual seeing the jacket being swapped out for another one in the middle of an episode. Eulyn saying they only had one XL, it seems crazy to me to have it be his main jacket for an entire episode? What do you guys think?

The shoulders has always been the main killer for me personally. I really got my hopes up knowing magnoli had an UGG jacket in their hands to make a blueprint from just for the issue to be there and for this new replica from them being worse than the first one. The UGG in the pictures above is a Large, so if anything the shoulders should be worse on that than the Medium Replica as i'm not a big dude at all haha. The color on the ribbed fabric is definitely hard to communicate and explain without having an UGG to compare it to.

I wasn't quite sure how to upload the measurements so i threw them all in this Onedrive Medium UGG

Regarding the sizing and the shoulders, a friend of mine recently got a replica from Magnoli using the measurements for the Large. His shoulders also have that boxy look, but strangely enough it's worse on one side than the other side. This probably dosen't add much to anything, but just figured i'd add this in while i remember :p

Edit: Shoulder info
The shoulders has always been the main killer for me personally. I really got my hopes up knowing magnoli had an UGG jacket in their hands to make a blueprint from just for the issue to be there and for this new replica from them being worse than the first one. The UGG in the pictures above is a Large, so if anything the shoulders should be worse on that than the Medium Replica as i'm not a big dude at all haha. The color on the ribbed fabric is definitely hard to communicate and explain without having an UGG to compare it to.

I wasn't quite sure how to upload the measurements so i threw them all in this Onedrive Medium UGG

Regarding the sizing and the shoulders, a friend of mine recently got a replica from Magnoli using the measurements for the Large. His shoulders also have that boxy look, but strangely enough it's worse on one side than the other side. This probably dosen't add much to anything, but just figured i'd add this in while i remember :p

Edit: Shoulder info
can you repost the measurements/folder? the link isn’t working for me. thanks

Haha no, sorry for confusion! My entire point is it being an XL :p

To clarify, fav76 has the Goldin one and a normal large UGG. The goldin one is bigger than a large STOCK, UNMODIFIED UGG. Hence, The picture from S6E15 is the XL. I've yet to do a rewatch though to nail down every time the XL is on screen. Since it was meant mainly for stunts, i assume it's mostly hidden in stunts though lol :rolleyes:

This brings another question though, why did they put Andy in the "stunt" jacket for what appears to be trough an entire episode? It's not unusual seeing the jacket being swapped out for another one in the middle of an episode. Eulyn saying they only had one XL, it seems crazy to me to have it be his main jacket for an entire episode? What do you guys think?
is it not the same one from season 7 ep1? he does a stunt there also they usually have duplicates of everything for the stunt double instead of them changing clothes and stuff

Attachments

• F2148BC7-BACD-42C1-BA49-9C48F3EEBD5E.jpeg
    F2148BC7-BACD-42C1-BA49-9C48F3EEBD5E.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 34
Yes, I see what you mean, but my point is this:

View attachment 1826629

If the jacket is zipped up higher, the shoulders don't hang as low and the collar is tighter. It could very well be that these two pics show the same L jacket and that the XL jacket really is just used for stunts?
These are two different jackets. I'll prove it
the jacket from the first photo has a hole in the suede inside, which is not present in the other jacket

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-04-14-41-04-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-04-14-41-04-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 43
is it not the same one from season 7 ep1? he does a stunt there also they usually have duplicates of everything for the stunt double instead of them changing clothes and stuff

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-30-15-20-53-05_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-30-15-20-53-05_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 57
Does anyone know if the Ugg came in any colours other than brown and black? I could have sworn someone mentioned on here that it came in tan too.

Back