USS ENTERPRISE 11 FOOT 3D PRINTED MODEL

Not familiar with the studio scale refit?

So I've got the base welded...decided that it had to be steel for the armature as this puppy is gonna get heavy. So a 6mm plate with 2 I beams welded to the bottom. Then a 2" box steel foot/leg that supports the secondary hull with a beam at 90 degrees, that extends back to meet the V shaped box steel that will hold the Pylons/Nacelles. Also, it's time to feed all the cables up thru the base for the various lighting arrays. The model is sliced across the connection points, to allow for fitment and welding, before final assembly;

AbYNVFvl.jpg

Fantastic Enterprise, I think the fantail doesn't have so many red lights though. That Thunderbird 2 looks pretty nice as well.

I think one of the things kicked around would be for the nacelles longitudinal grids that faced each other -and the aft nacelle caps—to have a continuation of the production front nacelle domes pattern.

That might be nice.

OK the Primary Hull is on. This is a non-trivial piece of engineering, to get the union between the saucer and the neck right and provide enough support...I fabricated an entirely bespoke steel bracket to achieve this and then added welded and tapped studs to allow removal for transport. The bolts will be cut flush and will be covered by the top spine piece and held on with magnets.

5l37VOZl.jpg
TiguIaxl.jpg

Also got all the cables in for the lighting in the saucer
pHzw8Lhl.jpg

QRMLWVPl.jpg

and added the Deflector dish and rings which will be removable for access

EkQQFPzl.jpg

and started messing about with the Bussard collector...got the lights spinning but too bright and not the right flashing sequence yet

ShwdDqpl.jpg

Back