The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

Thank God. As much as I want to find like 5 - 10 mineral glass discs and hand crack them while I have the watch all set up, I don’t know if I want to chance breaking something internal to the watch lol.

A clear vinyl sticker would be awesome to have. Like in a pack of 5-10.

BTW, I got a photo of the laser etched watch face from the maker I reached out to!

I also have been getting 3-4 pieces of every piece of the watch. If you guys would like a complete build, let me know…. We can discuss $. No obligation though!
Oh please I need one of those. Is that 32mm or 34? Aw hell, can they do both?

Oh please I need one of those. Is that 32mm or 34? Aw hell, can they do both?
So this one is 32 mm for the screen accurate sizing, but it's a prototype. I'm going to experiment with this dial, and make sure that the laser etching is enough. I mean, it’s definitely a nice substitute, short of paying thousands for getting a pad printed run of dials.

I’m waiting for it to come in so I can see if white paint can be added so we can bring out the dials enough.

Will keep you posted!!

Some information on Joel’s Second/Henry’s backpack if it is not known it is directly modeled after the Hynes Eagle Vintage Large Canvas Backpack just with very some slight modifications unfortunately it is very hard to find them because they are not available anymore on Amazon but they do occasionally pop up for anyone wanting that style Joel’s backpack this is one you should be searching for. It is also the same exact backpack that Joel uses in Part 2

But I have found an alternative bag that is very similar before sharing I may pick one up and see if I can mod it myself to see if it’s something worth buying because it will have to be dyed the proper color and a few extra modifications

UPDATE ON BROKEN WATCH STICKERS I am currently waiting for my 38 mm Timex watch to come in so I can size it properly then I will be doing three different variants of the sticker to see what looks best and possibly custom sizes but will update soon, and before asking yes once they are done I’ll be making a large batch of them for anyone who wants one for a small price :)

Attachments

• 4804280D-6689-4E59-A6F6-FD3FB37EDDE3.jpeg
    4804280D-6689-4E59-A6F6-FD3FB37EDDE3.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Are we 100% certain it's the midnight blue and not the slate blue? And does crossley make different t shirt models? Asking because if you search on Yoox, separate colors and sizes show under different "crossley t-shirt" listings.
Regarding the t-shirt, they seem to be aware of the t-shirt on their Instagram so I've sent them a text asking which one it is. Will respond back when I get a reply.

Got the watch dial from my Etsy maker. Looks amazing!! Who would have thought that the laser etching would have been an option. After the laser does it’s thing, it leaves a white layer underneath that looks perfect.

Needs minor adjusting though.

The dial metal is around .66mm, where as the Timex Weekender 38mm dial is .35mm thick - so there’s some sanding that needs to be done there, so that the movement is able poke through as much as it needs to for the hour hand with the AL55 movement.

Also the sub dial is missing a marker lol.

Also the diameter is 32.12mm wide, while the case is 32.70 mm wide (and the original dial is 32.08mm), which allows the dial to move around in the case a little. But I’m sure this can be resolved somehow - I’m just picky lol. Though, with the absence of the original movement inside the Timex (which acted like it’s own movement holder too), this dial from Etsy will move around I’m sure, but I know our minds can come up with a solution.

I included a video for you guys to get a 3D feel of it:

Attachments

• 8CE919FA-6048-48AB-8A70-565D4E5DEA34.jpeg
    8CE919FA-6048-48AB-8A70-565D4E5DEA34.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • E3FAB117-2B51-405C-904C-509085BCAEFB.jpeg
    E3FAB117-2B51-405C-904C-509085BCAEFB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1969.MOV
    74.2 MB
You should be able to secure the dial to the movement and that should help with it moving around. I think you may also be able to get a shaft extender to give you enough room for the hands to to though instead of sanding.

Just reached out to the bag maker. Hoping we get some good reference photos/design photos or patterns of backpack 2.
Will keep yall posted.
Hello and I have actually gotten lucky and have been able to fine one! I will be doing the slight modifications to it but if you want photos of it let me know! I might be able to make pattern from it at some point

Yes please! DM me. Also send anything you got to Jameel too lol
I have already sent over 50 photos of Joel’s first backpack to Jameel, are they making the second one as well? Because it is a completely different bag then the one he is making I thought, but when I have time I’ll post photos of the bag that I have :)

Anyone have any luck with movement holders for the watch? Still looking to fit a japanese movement in a holder for the 38mm timex.

For that difficult backpack buckle for Backpack #1, I drew out the shape of the buckle in MS Paint (don't hate, wanted to do it quickly lol), and then I uploaded that shape into AI to create a photo real model. Tried to use that to reverse image look up visual matches, but couldn't find anything. I'm trying to train it to find a similar buckle, but need help. I uploaded the MS Paint variations, and the photo real AI buckles. Please let me know if you guys think it's the 1 bar or the 2 bar variation (can't really tell in reference photos):

I'm doing this to source the buckle at first - to rule out the custom CNC job lol.

Attachments

• MS Paint _ Microsoft Paint Online (1).png
    MS Paint _ Microsoft Paint Online (1).png
    561 bytes · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 9.58.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 9.58.22 AM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 9.41.29 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 9.41.29 AM.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Runway 2023-04-27T19_31_05.333Z Image to Image Make shape into a metal buckle, diecast, photo ...jpg
    Runway 2023-04-27T19_31_05.333Z Image to Image Make shape into a metal buckle, diecast, photo ...jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
For that difficult backpack buckle for Backpack #1, I drew out the shape of the buckle in MS Paint (don't hate, wanted to do it quickly lol), and then I uploaded that shape into AI to create a photo real model. Tried to use that to reverse image look up visual matches, but couldn't find anything. I'm trying to train it to find a similar buckle, but need help. I uploaded the MS Paint variations, and the photo real AI buckles. Please let me know if you guys think it's the 1 bar or the 2 bar variation (can't really tell in reference photos):

I'm doing this to source the buckle at first - to rule out the custom CNC job lol.
This looks great! I am actually talking to someone about laser cutting them out of aluminum and for a decent price i actually tried my hand hand at designing it, I had to have it made in to a file for cutting but here is the png I made for it

Attachments

• B4F2ACD2-FF23-44F3-978F-C7D68EBD2ABC.png
    B4F2ACD2-FF23-44F3-978F-C7D68EBD2ABC.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 49
This looks great! I am actually talking to someone about laser cutting them out of aluminum and for a decent price i actually tried my hand hand at designing it, I had to have it made in to a file for cutting but here is the png I made for it
If you need help getting an idea of measurements I can try my hand at it lol. But also the edge of the buckle is not very sharp looking. It looks like almost like magnesium, with a tapered edge.

If you need help getting an idea of measurements I can try my hand at it lol. But also the edge of the buckle is not very sharp looking. It looks like almost like magnesium, with a tapered edge.
I have the size already now it is for a one inch strap and as soon as I get them I will be cleaning them up so they’re not sharp and be sending a few sets to Jameel to see if the work for the bags :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back