The Last of Us HBO Ellie Thread

I’m trying to find a legit one. But I’m also trying to see if I can get it custom with that ivory or bone inlay. Do we know what material? Does anyone have a reference for a real solid knife?

Hey when doing my custom Ellie backpack I found some buckle on Amazon and they look to be the same ones used in the show. Also I know it’s going to take some time to make but if you get more then one made, I would love to buy one from you! View attachment 1864807Buckles
Ha that’s too funny. I actually ordered the correct buckles a couple days ago.

IMG_0128.jpeg

What’s weird though, is on the right side of the backpack, the bottom buckle was attached backwards for some reason. Check it:

IMG_0129.jpeg

ClockWorkProps i actually ordered your Ellie monster squishy and pins!
I actually think they used your squishy!

I also ordered the navy flight officer pin (which is interesting that, do you know that an astronaut designation exists of this too? Weird that Ellie didn’t acquire that one ha).

I also got the Nasa pin from the Space Store.

ClockWorkProps i know I ordered the weathered ones, but how much do you think hers were weathered. Think you can get them SA if I get these 4k still pulls?

I’m trying to find a legit one. But I’m also trying to see if I can get it custom with that ivory or bone inlay. Do we know what material? Does anyone have a reference for a real solid knife?
651C1125-414E-42D3-A80C-52127733A8B7.jpeg

Hey so I’m pretty sure they had some real ones and metal ones but in the scene where Ellie’s mom gives lays the knife with baby Ellie it is clearly a rubber one, from the size it is for sure a 9inch switchblade one more place of reference is from the official Ellie cosplay guild that says a little about it. But hers in the game size wise is closer to an 11inch

Ha that’s too funny. I actually ordered the correct buckles a couple days ago.

View attachment 1864902

What’s weird though, is on the right side of the backpack, the bottom buckle was attached backwards for some reason. Check it:

View attachment 1864903

ClockWorkProps i actually ordered your Ellie monster squishy and pins!
I actually think they used your squishy!

I also ordered the navy flight officer pin (which is interesting that, do you know that an astronaut designation exists of this too? Weird that Ellie didn’t acquire that one ha).

I also got the Nasa pin from the Space Store.

ClockWorkProps i know I ordered the weathered ones, but how much do you think hers were weathered. Think you can get them SA if I get these 4k still pulls?
Hey I’m sorry to give you some bad news but I think your buckles are a little off, with yours where the buckle snaps is rounded and the ones on hers are more square I added a picture that I sent with all the Ellie backpack photos, so you can see.

And that’s odd about the buckles on the right side, it could have been an error maybe? Not exactly sure.

But thank you for ordering my keychain and buttons! also the keychains I actually finished them when the show was already over so the ones in the show aren’t mine, but that means a lot that you think I got them that close! But mine are as close as possible to the size of the actual one, I used the hook part as reference and found the exact ones, to size it just right! The only thing is the show version is a different shade lighter shade of purple the ones I make are closer to the game color, if you are interested I can see about doing a custom one closer the the show color? Just let me know.

For the flight pin I am not aware of an astronaut version, i’m pretty sure they’re just going as close to the original reference as possible for the first game, I think it was more for the reason it looked good.

As for the buttons they look extremely weathered in the show a lot of browns and black weathering
If you look back to the references photos you can see they are pretty weather, I will add one more photo below as well of the full bag, that picture was from the premiere experience in New York so I think that was one of the actual bags used but the buttons on that bag are almost unrecognizable with how weathered they are. So I think the shows versions are different a little bit, also would you want me to weather your buttons closer to the shows? But I will try my best to have everything out as soon as possible!

P.S. if you have any questions or don’t understand something I said let me know kinda typed this fast.

P.S.S. Just noticed in the full picture here of the backpack the buckles are the same, so it was a weird design choice or this is the one from the show!

Attachments

• E99C8376-7A9D-4B4B-A71A-CF57C40473BD.jpeg
    E99C8376-7A9D-4B4B-A71A-CF57C40473BD.jpeg
    730.4 KB · Views: 14
  • E7CE5D9F-DA66-4DAC-84D8-E19C9B3387CA.jpeg
    E7CE5D9F-DA66-4DAC-84D8-E19C9B3387CA.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 12
  • E85880DC-0EFC-449B-B42C-B8C9C71F108D.jpeg
    E85880DC-0EFC-449B-B42C-B8C9C71F108D.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 14
Hey I’m sorry to give you some bad news but I think your buckles are a little off, with yours where the buckle snaps is rounded and the ones on hers are more square I added a picture that I sent with all the Ellie backpack photos, so you can see.

And that’s odd about the buckles on the right side, it could have been an error maybe? Not exactly sure.

But thank you for ordering my keychain and buttons! also the keychains I actually finished them when the show was already over so the ones in the show aren’t mine, but that means a lot that you think I got them that close! But mine are as close as possible to the size of the actual one, I used the hook part as reference and found the exact ones, to size it just right! The only thing is the show version is a different shade lighter shade of purple the ones I make are closer to the game color, if you are interested I can see about doing a custom one closer the the show color? Just let me know.

For the flight pin I am not aware of an astronaut version, i’m pretty sure they’re just going as close to the original reference as possible for the first game, I think it was more for the reason it looked good.

As for the buttons they look extremely weathered in the show a lot of browns and black weathering
If you look back to the references photos you can see they are pretty weather, I will add one more photo below as well of the full bag, that picture was from the premiere experience in New York so I think that was one of the actual bags used but the buttons on that bag are almost unrecognizable with how weathered they are. So I think the shows versions are different a little bit, also would you want me to weather your buttons closer to the shows? But I will try my best to have everything out as soon as possible!
I’m down for getting things as close to the show as possible! Feel free to weather both the squishy and the buttons to be as accurate as possible.

This back pack is going to be awesome.

My backpack guy already got back to me and is interested in doing it, and even making a pattern, so he might be up to making multiples! Though we got to get a prototype to perfection.

I’m down for getting things as close to the show as possible! Feel free to weather both the squishy and the buttons to be as accurate as possible.

My backpack guy already got back to me and is interested in doing it, and even making a pattern, so he might be up to making multiples! Though we got to get a prototype to perfection.
Alright awesome! So it would take time to actually make the keychain the right color, because I don’t have the right dye for it, would it be ok if I sent you your order with the buttons weathered like the show and the the keychain how I normally do them. Then later I could make you a more accurate colored one? I could give you a discount on the new one or maybe if you get the bag done and can make me one I can give you that new keychain for free and trade for a slightly discounted bag? Let me know and we can figure something out :)

As far as the squishy goes, the
Alright awesome! So it would take time to actually make the keychain the right color, because I don’t have the right dye for it, would it be ok if I sent you your order with the buttons weathered like the show and the the keychain how I normally do them. Then later I could make you a more accurate colored one? I could give you a discount on the new one or maybe if you get the bag done and can make me one I can give you that new keychain for free and trade for a slightly discounted bag? Let me know and we can figure something out :)
I’m completely down for waiting for the keychain no rush there. If I cancel that order, would it negatively affect your store? I don’t want that to happen. As far as the SA color match for the squishy, I color corrected the image to get it as accurate to white balancing as I could. Check it:
IMG_9545.png
IMG_0146.png

As far as the squishy goes, the

I’m completely down for waiting for the keychain no rush there. If I cancel that order, would it negatively affect your store? I don’t want that to happen. As far as the SA color match for the squishy, I color corrected the image to get it as accurate to white balancing as I could. Check it:
View attachment 1864987View attachment 1864995
I would just leave the order alone It will just say to leave a review even tho you haven’t gotten the item yet. But I will try to get the right dye soon as I can and I’ll do some tests to see if I can get it as close as possible when I have pictures I’ll send them your way! Just don’t expect anything extremely soon because I have a lot of other orders and not a not a huge about of time to experiment.

Hey I don’t know when I would do it but, would your backpack guy maybe open to helping with a Joel bag? I really want to make the first one he has before he gets Henry’s the one Jameel made is close but I want to make it out of possibly stronger and more accurate materials

I knew it! Nice! One step closer
I reached out to them to recommend the zipper and slider combo, though I’m not sure if it’s the same zippers for the whole backpack. I think that that is the next task. Along with, how many zippers are we talking?

The main and smaller main pockets have two zipper sliders per zipper. Studying up on what that is called and how they might differ.

I’m assuming that those, along with the two zippers at the back are the same zipper slider and zipper combo.

Then it’s just a matter of making sure they’re the right sizes, and that hidden side pocket needs to be figured out.

I reached out to them to recommend the zipper and slider combo, though I’m not sure if it’s the same zippers for the whole backpack. I think that that is the next task. Along with, how many zippers are we talking?

The main and smaller main pockets have two zipper sliders per zipper. Studying up on what that is called and how they might differ.

I’m assuming that those, along with the two zippers at the back are the same zipper slider and zipper combo.

Then it’s just a matter of making sure they’re the right sizes, and that hidden side pocket needs to be figured out.
I would think the used all the same zippers because they would have gotten them all in bulk, unless there was a problem with the main zipper and they were only good for the front or something

So all together 6 pockets two side one main and the 3 front pockets

What I would maybe do is get the one from Amazon and check out the pockets and see how there done maybe then just return it if you don’t pull it apart just an idea

So, in an asinine revelation, I realized something.
They used a plastic zipper, and a metal zipper slider.

Per PacCana:
"The zipper slider on the attached picture is meant for coil zippers and will not work on a plastic tooth zipper.
You will need a slider for plastic zipper (link here: Nonlock Plastic Sliders) However these are not backwards. We do have reversible (link here: Reversible Sliders for Plastic Zippers)"

Do any of you have Zipper knowledge? I dont know what the heck all this lingo is ha.

I'm convinced that what we see in the photos from the show are the real deal, but I guess they frankenstein'ed it?

But hey! At least we know that the zipper is from them.

Last edited:
Back