Interest The Force Awakens ALL ALUMINUM CHEWBACCA BOWCASTER PROP

Hey Manny! It was so nice to meet you and see this amazing Bowcaster in person at Adam's cave. You've truly made a work of art.

Hey Manny! It was so nice to meet you and see this amazing Bowcaster in person at Adam's cave. You've truly made a work of art.
Hi Duncan, I just got home last night, what a long flight, 16 hours total flight time. Was a pleasure to meet you and share with you guys at Adam’s Cave this prop project that paid off all the time and effort put into it. Thank you for your nice words about my work which is the combined work of very talented people too. I’m pretty sure we will meet again.

Bowcaster COMPLETION UPDATE: All the assembling, paint and weathering have been scheduled for the month of May. I’ll be posting pictures of the progress and in the next couple of weeks the costs for the custom made boxes and packing that will be needed to ship the Bowcaster. This is a big piece and heavy prop, so expect high shipping costs too. Twenty five Bowcasters were made, there are still Bowcasters available. For people that paid deposits when I started the run, I’ll honor the initial price I offered these. Unfortunately there will be another price for the remaining Bowcasters, due to unexpected production costs in the middle of the run to achieve the quality and attention to detail intended for this project. Regarding the payment method, I no longer accept PayPal. I accept Venmo, Cashapp, Zelle or wire transfer. I will require payments for the remaining balance ten business days before the Bowcasters are ready to ship. For questions and concerns please private message me or leave a constructive comment in the thread. Thanks again for your support, patience and understanding.

This is fantastic news Manny! Thanks for your dedication in finishing this run! Looking forward to seeing this in person

Bowcaster COMPLETION UPDATE: As I mentioned on March 21st (2024), the Bowcasters will be assembled, painted and weathered during the month of May. The Bowcasters will be shipped in the sequence that orders were received. Here is the list of names that signed up when I started the run. I need that each member or person who signed up and paid the deposit at that time when I requested confirm the order in this thread, since there were members/fans who canceled their orders, and the remaining spots will go to another list I will add to the thread and at my Portumac Prop Studios Facebook page.

Here is an updated list of the members/fans in the run:

1. Adam Savage (Delivered)
2. Mike Costa (???)
3. Christopher Lorde (???)
4. Joseph Azar (Deposit Paid) SHIPPED
5. James Abrams SHIPPING PENDING
6. juvatwad (RPF) (Deposit Paid) SHIPPED
7. Scruffylooking (RPF) (???)
8. Johnnyb (RPF) (Deposit Refunded)
9. scud42 (RPF) (Deposit Paid) SHIPPED
10. Jediwannabe (RPF) (???)

This is a LIMITED production of 25 pieces.
Like I said in my previous posts, members/people who paid the deposits I will honor the listed price I offered this challenging prop, unfortunately because of the unforeseen high production costs I experienced during the development of this complex prop, is impossible for me to offer the remaining Bowcasters at the same price. Members interested in the remaining spots, please PM or contact me at: portumacstudios@gmail.com

Here is the list of members/fan for the remaining that were not part of the run that contacted me already and added:

11. Chris Stevens (Facebook) CONFIRMED
12. Carlos Melendez (Facebook) CONFIRMED
13. Joonas Soutamo
14. Javi Pérez PAYMENT PENDING
15. Juan Antonio Casado PAYMENT PENDING
16. Carlos Valencia PAYMENT PENDING
24. Kenny Sheehan SHIPPED
25. Manny Romero SHIPPED

As soon I get the quote for the custom made carton box and packing materials I will inform how much the shipping will be to each member/buyer.

Thank you again for your time and patience on this project. Here is the link showcasing the Bowcaster at TESTED with good friend Adam Savage. A video of a finished painted and weathered Bowcaster will be shared as soon.

Last edited:
This looks spectacular. Pretty great to see that on Tested! Confirmed from me.

I’m also interested to hear about the C-3PO head you made for him. That sounds like an awesome piece!

Quick update: The first batch of Bowcasters are at the local shop that specializes in guns, they are doing the CERAKOTE ceramic paint on them. I have some test parts with me and I already tried the base graphite paint used in the original prop. The custom made double wall carton boxes will arrive this coming Monday. I need the shipping addresses from the people that confirmed their orders so I can provide the shipping costs and the total for the remaining balance. I don’t have PayPal anymore, I can only accept Cashapp, Venmo, Zelle. Here are a few pictures. I must ship this first batch of Bowcasters before July 1st. Please contact me for any questions or concerns. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1058.jpeg
    IMG_1058.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1062.jpeg
    IMG_1062.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1063.jpeg
    IMG_1063.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1064.jpeg
    IMG_1064.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1065.jpeg
    IMG_1065.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 43
Happy Saturday. Getting closer to get the first long awaited Bowcasters done and shipped. I received the double was custom carton boxes and packing materials yesterday. The pallet where the boxes came in is huge. I will post pictures of the Bowcasters assembled with the CERAKOTE paint before I paint them and weathered them.

Attachments

• IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Here are some progress pictures of the Bowcasters on my work bench. They are already have the CERAKOTE ceramic paint, ready to be painted with the very same dark graphite paint and then the weathering. I’ll include (2) sets of screws for the scopes. A Phillips set which was the one used by the prop studio, even that some Bowcaster’s didn’t show visible screws on top, and a set of Allen screws that in my very personal opinion are the ones that matches better because all the visible screws on this prop are actually Allen screws. I’ll include an Allen key, again this is a very personal opinion. Here are some pictures that illustrates this.

Attachments

• IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1462.jpeg
    IMG_1462.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1461.jpeg
    IMG_1461.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1395.jpeg
    IMG_1395.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1396.jpeg
    IMG_1396.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1394.jpeg
    IMG_1394.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
Bowcasters will ship either tomorrow or this coming Monday. There are still people who haven’t send their payments yet. Here are some pictures. The scopes will be placed next to the Bowcaster and they can be attached with the either the provided Phillips screws or Allen screws. An Allen key will be provided also. I will share more detailed pictures later. Each Bowcaster is different in terms of weathering. Each one has its unique weathering like dents, scratches that enhance the detail and level of realism of this prop. This definitely feels and look like a real crossbow. I hope they meet your expectations after all the time and efforts put in this project.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.jpeg
    IMG_1496.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1504.jpeg
    IMG_1504.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1503.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1499.jpeg
    IMG_1499.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1498.jpeg
    IMG_1498.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1497.jpeg
    IMG_1497.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
The first batch of Bowcasters are done. Here are some pictures and video. This is by far the most complex prop I have accomplished to date. Yes, almost three years to complete, but part of that time was clouded by circumstances that affected my personal life. I want to thanks the very very few members that stayed in the run and patiently waited until this was completed. I also included pictures on how to attach the scopes and the screws included.

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpeg
    IMG_1554.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1557.jpeg
    IMG_1557.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1563.jpeg
    IMG_1563.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1564.jpeg
    IMG_1564.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1570.jpeg
    IMG_1570.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1549.mov
    108.5 MB
  • IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1547.jpeg
    IMG_1547.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1546.jpeg
    IMG_1546.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1542.jpeg
    IMG_1542.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1530.jpeg
    IMG_1530.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1523.jpeg
    IMG_1523.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1507.jpeg
    IMG_1507.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1506.jpeg
    IMG_1506.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1511.jpeg
    IMG_1511.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1534.jpeg
    IMG_1534.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1548.mov
    109.5 MB
Hi Manny. Do you still have bow casters available for purchase? If so, can you let me know the cost. Thank you - Joe Massari

Hi Manny. Do you still have bow casters available for purchase? If so, can you let me know the cost. Thank you - Joe Massari
Hi Joe, thank you for your interest. There are still people that haven’t paid and I really can’t wait, since this is a prop project that during production the costs increased significantly because of the level of accuracy, quality and attention to detail I wanted to achieve. The price for each Bowcaster is $3,950.00 plus shipping. If you have any questions or concerns you can PM, or here in the thread.

Manny.

Back