Interest The Force Awakens ALL ALUMINUM CHEWBACCA BOWCASTER PROP

No apologies needed. There are definitely more important things in life right now. Hoping your wife gets through this soon and things get back to normal for your family!

Good evening to everyone. My lovely wife passed on Wednesday October 6th, at 6:12am, she was only 51 years old, after over a month in the ICU and 20 days connected to a ventilator. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding on these difficult times for my daughter and I.
I stopped by at my local machine shop today and I took a few pictures of the first Bowcaster frames before they will be placed in the 3 axis CNC machine. I will be posting pictures as the machine shops does progress on them. I have a two month delay on these two projects. One of the Bowcaster frames is the one for the A New Hove version.

Attachments

• 20211105_135421_resized.jpg
    20211105_135421_resized.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 147
  • 20211105_135441_resized.jpg
    20211105_135441_resized.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 151
  • 20211105_135445_resized.jpg
    20211105_135445_resized.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 152
  • 20211105_135505_resized.jpg
    20211105_135505_resized.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 158
So sorry for your loss Portumac ;-(, just read back and seen it was Covid.

Really feel for you and your Daughter, your wife was taken way too early.

Hope you and your kid are ok and wish you both all the best.

Sorry to hear about this. Losing her has to be a tough ordeal for your family, and I can’t begin to imagine what you are going through.

While I realize you feel an obligation to this project, I think all of us would understand if you took a pause for awhile.

Big love to you and your family.

Hi guys, happy new year. I will have new pictures of the progress of the Bowcaster frames soon, plus the scopes and the remaining parts. You guys know that it was a rough 2021 for me and my family, I am moving forward with my life and all the prop projects. Thank you for your patience, prayers and support.

I thought I sent this post last week on Friday May 6th at 7:23pm, and I found out late this afternoon that I sent this to an RPF Member Kylo Mike by mistake, and not to the thread like I wanted to, which made two RPF Members upset, since I told one of them that after a good conversation we had related the Bowcaster run, I was going to make the update post on Wednesday May 4th, but unfortunately I couldn't, I did it on Friday May 6th, but non at the thread, which I truly apologize to both RPF Members and to all the members that kindly signed for a spot at this run. Here is the post I wrote, that again I made the terrible mistake to sent it as a private message to an RPF Member mentioned above:

Hi, I apologize for the delay giving updates. I been working long hours to catch up with my other pending orders, not easy to work alone and take care of the house, my daughter and the studio at the same time. My local machine shop will have both Bowcasters frames completed between May 27th and June 3rd. I also wanted to share pictures of the aluminum scopes for The Force Awakens Bowcaster, I am still amazed of how identical they are and I will say better than the original, because they are see through scopes, not solid like the original prop. Lenses were made and the tapered center cap was made using an acrylic rod, just like the original prop.
Another machine shop will finish the prods for me and is finishing the center piece for the Bowcaster too. I will post pictures as soon they finished. I estimate to have all the Bowcasters parts to start assembling them before the end of June, so I can start painting them and weather them.

NOTE: I would like to take the opportunity to add to this post, that I been doing my very best to push my local machine shop to finish BOTH Bowcaster's runs, and in the past month I been in communication to the best I can, to the other machine shop that is willing to produce two parts, and now this machine shop agreed to finish the prods with the stainless steel spheres for both Bowcaster runs. I do want to thank for your patience and your nice comments about my work, but also I do really appreciate that if any Member is concerned about the parts, issues or anything else, please contact me directly or write your concerns in the thread. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20220503_144515_resized.jpg
    20220503_144515_resized.jpg
    896.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220503_144331_resized.jpg
    20220503_144331_resized.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220503_144248_resized.jpg
    20220503_144248_resized.jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220503_144235_resized.jpg
    20220503_144235_resized.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20220503_144154_resized.jpg
    20220503_144154_resized.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20220503_144148_resized.jpg
    20220503_144148_resized.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220503_144126_resized.jpg
    20220503_144126_resized.jpg
    763.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220503_144105_resized.jpg
    20220503_144105_resized.jpg
    777.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220503_144101_resized.jpg
    20220503_144101_resized.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 105
Here are some pictures of the finished aluminum nose piece of the Bowcaster frame. I am including pictures of the original Prop Shop Bowcaster nose piece too. Again all these parts are true 1:1, exact to the original, every single part was professionally 3D scanned, to assure all the details from the original prop are present. I am including a few pictures of the stainless steel spheres. I will share pictures of the first prod with the spheres attached very soon. The center piece between both spheres will be made of aluminum.

Attachments

• image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 80
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 79
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 90
Here is an updated list of the people in the run:

1. Adam Savage
2. Mike Costa
3. Christopher Lorde
4. Joseph Azar
5. James Abrams
6. juvatwad (RPF)
7. Scruffylooking (RPF)
8. Jonflake88 (RPF)
9. Johnnyb (RPF)
10. scud42 (RPF)
11. dkraude (RPF)
12. Jediwannabe (RPF)

Here are some pictures of the finished aluminum nose piece of the Bowcaster frame. I am including pictures of the original Prop Shop Bowcaster nose piece too. Again all these parts are true 1:1, exact to the original, every single part was professionally 3D scanned, to assure all the details from the original prop are present. I am including a few pictures of the stainless steel spheres. I will share pictures of the first prod with the spheres attached very soon. The center piece between both spheres will be made of aluminum.

Hi Manny, is there any update on when you think this project will ship?

Hi, right now two machine shops are working together. One is making the prods, the scopes and the nose piece and my local machine shop the frames, the rest of the parts I already have them. I was going to have the assembled Bowcaster by this Friday, but I will have to wait until next week. If everything goes well when I test fit the parts I would say I should be able to have the Bowcaster ready to be painted in July. Once I have them painted shipping date will be determined as soon they are all packed and ready to go. I will request the remaining balance as soon I start assembling the Bowcaters since I have to pay both machine shops. I will paint and weather all the bowcasters at the same time.

Good morning, I apologize for not getting back sooner. Last week was a very complicated week. My father was hospitalized for severe hearth issues, and he had surgery yesterday for a quadruple bypass. He is at the ICU right now and his condition is very delicate. Also the owner of my local machine shop had car accident, thanks God he is well, but he needed to get to have several tests because he has back problems. Two machine shops are working on the Bowcasters, I got a hold of the one is doing the prods and connecting the spheres, they are working on those, and finishing all TFA scopes assembly. Yesterday I spoke with the owner of my local machine shop and I will stop by tomorrow and will take pictures of the frame, and I will assemble the bowcaster so I can take pictures. Once I double check that all the parts fits great then we will run all of them. This Friday I will have a call meeting with the other machine shop for an update on the prods and a completion date for those. Here is a picture of all the scopes.

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_135249_01.jpg
    IMG_20220613_135249_01.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 80
Good morning, I am going straight to business. Second machine shop started to work on the prods, for both the ANH ad TFA. Three cutting tools were needed for the ANH Frame, one of the tools wasn't shipped until this week, I will send pictures when I stop by at my local machine shop. Another thing the owner of my local machine shop discussed with me was that the bowcaster frames will have to be sanded by and after they are cut in the CNC machine, is time consuming but there is no other way for the complexity of the radius. You guys will received a clean frame with trigger, rear clip, side plates pre-assembled, so no surprises on parts that won't fit. Many of you who purchased my previous Boba Fett Blasters run I ship all my props pre assembled. I am waiting to receive new update pictures on the prods, they usually message me or call me every Friday, and this machine shop at CA is designing an attachment piece on both ends of the prods so both half of the spheres perfectly align and secure tight so they don't come off. I will post more pictures. Thank you for your attention.

You guys will received a clean frame with trigger, rear clip, side plates pre-assembled, so no surprises on parts that won't fit

Thanks Manny, is this just for the ANH bowcasters? as the TFA ones are supposed to be assembled and painted.

Hi Manny, we haven’t heard anything for 6 weeks, what’s happening with the project?
Good morning to every one, I apologize for not been able to communicate for 6 weeks. My father had a quadruple bypass surgery and ten days after he had the surgery he was hospitalized again for a severe infection that almost ended his life. The infection was so aggressive that also he was very close to loose one of his legs. I had to sell the house where I was living to assist him financially and move to an apartment. Even with all these personal issues I haven't stopped following the work of both machine shops. All the scopes were finished, all the nose/front pieces and the prods will be ready next week. I apologize for my poor communication, I just didn't have the time. My father health condition is still delicate, he is out of the hospital and still under heavy antibiotics. This project is moving forward, I know is been very annoying and frustrating, too many personal problems, dead wife ten months ago, my father health issues, and delays with the machines shops. I apologize for the inconvenience, I really do.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back