SHIPPING Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire Ecto Goggles

Although I didn't order these specific FE goggles, I bought a GB1 version kit from Rhett on Etsy back in December, so here's how it went for me.
I received them exactly 13 weeks later. I paid $197 shipped thanks to the coupon Rhett shared here, and I'm overall happy with my purchase, but I totally understand the frustation in this thread.

About the item (again, not the one this topic is about but the GB1 goggles kit): it was nicely packed, well made with very little clean-up to do and wasn't too difficult to put together following the instruction videos. The dry transfer decals and stickers are very nice too. The assembled goggles look great and are very light - they just look and feel like an actual movie prop - but not comfortable to wear with the provided thin foam padding. I had another little issue with the length of the strap (which is not adjustable on the GB1 style, unlike the FE style) because the temple to temple measurement I provided was used to cut the entire length of the strap, and was not the distance between the snaps as it should have been. A little oopsie that made the strap too tight, but I got some identical material already to make another one so not a big deal as far as I'm concerned (and nothing to worry about with the different FE strap). I also bought a cheap VR headset padding to replace the thin foam one. It may not be screen accurate but is much more comfortable. Cost me about $15 total and I know the goggles will be perfect after these little upgrades.

About the communication: it was a stressful experience to be honest. To Rhett's credit, he replied fast. But kept saying that the order was about to ship “in the next few days”, when it clearly wasn't. I totally understand that nice props take time to make and would have liked much better for Rhett to just tell me it was not ready rather than leading me on a goose chase and have me worry that my package could have been lost when it hadn't even shipped yet. Being notified that your order is on the way, then not receiving anything several weeks after the delivery estimate has passed and being finally told that it's not even packed yet is not a good feeling and obviously makes you wonder if the seller is really going to send you anything. Maybe Rhett was afraid that I would request a refund as time passed and thought it would be reassuring to tell me it was shipping soon, but it had the opposite effect. I would totally understand some customers not risking it and cancelling their orders because of that. I know I was seriously thinking about it and it would have been an unfortunate loss for both of us.

When I read this thread, I believe that Rhett made the mistake to take too many orders at once but will eventually complete and ship the goggles to everyone once his supply issues are resolved, and that most of you will be very happy with them.
I also believe that everyone filing a Paypal dispute as the protection deadline approches are absolutely right to do so, because ultimately it is Rhett's responsibility to manage any delay to be reasonable enough that it doesn't become a recourse in the first place.

Here’s a fast couple of pics, a pile of ten waiting their turn to get prepped, another 6 in process. 10 more are parked at the belt sander, and two on the bench getting dressed for finishing and shipping.

The six in progress combined with the pair getting finished will close out Etsy sales, and close out the Drone version run here. Then only RPF orders will be left. My goal is to get four out a week, unless our new headstrap guy can get headtsraps out faster. We’ve gone from a little old lady making them to a bondage outfit maker knocking through them. Such is life…

So as we move along, I’ll make posting here and updating more of a priority.

Again, sorry some of you feel ignored. Let’s get this wrapped up!

Attachments

• IMG_6488.jpeg
    IMG_6488.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6502.jpeg
    IMG_6502.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
Here’s a look at the first prototype of the display stand everyone will be receiving for being so patient.

I like the black, but personally I think it should be clear? Feedback would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6519.jpeg
    IMG_6519.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6520.jpeg
    IMG_6520.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6514.jpeg
    IMG_6514.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
Another arrived into safe hands, this one to the UK. So again everyone, these are going out and the quality is to be expected of my usual fair. Thanks! Expect more consistent updates as we close this run out and I say ‘Peace!’ to the RPF!

Attachments

• IMG_6529.png
    IMG_6529.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 47
Here’s a look at the first prototype of the display stand everyone will be receiving for being so patient.

I like the black, but personally I think it should be clear? Feedback would be great. Thanks!
Rhett, I just missed out on this run so bought your goggles from your Etsy store and received them after a few months last week. They look great and I was wondering if you would be making any of the stands available for purchase at some point for Etsy customers like me as I would like something like this to display mine.

Last edited:
If I can step in a throw out a good word for Rhett. I'm a repeat customer and all I can say is patience really does pay off. While sometimes it may take a little longer to get things, communication was always solid and fast and I never once felt like I was in the dark with what was happening. Quality takes time and I would rather put up with a delay or two for the sake of what I paid for rather than have the man rush things out. Every prop I've gotten to this point has surpassed expectations.

Rhett, I just missed out on this run so bought your goggles from your Etsy store and received them after a few months last week. They look great and I was wondering if you would be making any of the stands available for purchase at some point for Etsy customers like me as I would like something like this to display mine.
Yessir!

In case you wanted to know, your goggles get a loving bubble bath before final prep and paint. I will neither confirm or deny if this happens in a sink or a tub

Attachments

• IMG_6539.jpeg
    IMG_6539.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
  • Wow
Reactions: JPH
I'm done, and livid. After seeing another run being offered on Etsy, after you made it abundantly clear that particular site takes priority because they have consequences as opposed to here, I'm out. Dispute filed.

Last edited:
My hope is the Rhett is far enough along on our goggles that he knows they’re about done and ready to ship so he can start to line up new orders for when they’re all off the bench and in our hands. It would be really a concern if those new eBay orders leapfrogged in front of ours, however. But I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to address it first.

Yeah I'm sorry Rhett, but I'm going to have to dispute this with paypal. I totally understand dealing with delays and was planning on to patiently wait. However, I'm uncomfortable with not receiving my order within the payment protection plan, regardless of One's reputation. I have been burned in the past and $320 is no token amount for myself. Although, truly the last straw for me is that another run is available on Etsy and is available for a cheaper price.

I do not believe that any of your actions were of ill intent, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Therefore, I will still give you my business, but through Etsy. At this point, I don't care to potentially wait longer for my order (or miss out on the extra accessories from this site's run) if it means I have buyer's protection still. It is the only logical option for me at this point rather than totally cutting ties from this project.

I would also like to point out that when a member's profile is clicked, one can see when the last time they were on and what thread they were viewing.

I don't mind waiting, but it does rub me the wrong way to see people who ordered on Etsy after RPF orders were placed get their goggles already - And then to see more orders being taken when most of the folks here haven't received theirs yet. What happened to the 3 RPF orders that were going to go out this past week?

Okay gang, yikes… I’ve been tied Fri/Sat with work stuff, but I’ve been following.
I have a second to reply to everything.

I’m sorry the continued feelings of being left behind, but that’s simply not the case.

The current ‘run’ up on Etsy, is not a ‘run.’ The above post was correct; we’re feeling more comfortable now that everything is coming to an end, so I listed 4 more sets to clear out the last of the casting supplies I have on hand. These goggles are not due to be shipped for two-three weeks. Which means the RPF orders are current priority. I have no other runs or resin based projects currently going.

Headstraps have had a breakthrough, and now that supplies have changed hands from the first sneastress, we are off and running. I’m feeling no nervousness about their completion.

We have 26 goggles left to fill. I have no problem with the 6 PayPal inquiries that have been filed, as it is completely within the rights of the customer to protect their money. Each of these cases will receive tracking info before their collective response/due date of the 25-27th. Refunds will not be issued as the work has taken place and continues in good faith.

I will be updating tonight with pictures of the 6 on the bench and being finished for shipping this week (most likely Wenesday). We only have to cut the acrylic display stands, which will take only a few hours to do here locally. With Father’s Day this weekend, the laser cutter will be with family.

It’s also come to my attention that the PayPal ‘Buy on Social’ functions are tied to my original PayPal email address, which is long dormant. It’s a strange glitch I haven’t been able to rectify.

I’m obviously available here, as well on Etsy, and on FB, Insta, and TikTok.

We will get this done gang, I understand some of the angst, and again, no ill will to those 6 who have opened PayPal inquiries. To the 20 that have sent PMs, emails, etc, letting me know the are ok with waiting, I appreciate it.

Hang in there in, expect updates this evening. Thanks!

Screenshot_20240414-222529.png
Screenshot_20240430-150402.png

Rhett J Martin Please do not try take the moral high road here. The end of the matter is you have been lying throughout this run. I would be willing to wait if you had been truthful. First screenshot was taken mid April when you said that they would be shipped on the 8th and did not communicate until pressed. The second was taken April 30, stating they would be done by June, and you are now suggesting that it will be July. As we discussed about reputation, despite your previous work I am finding myself unimpressed. If you would have communicated anything about delays we would have a completely different situation. Instead you disassembled and lied.

Working through the second half of the day, we were able to add a 7th to the batch going out. So on this we have 3 going out for Etsy, and 4 going out for the RPF order. You can also see we’ve gotten more parts cast, along side a large order of GB1 goggles heading over to the UK so people can save on the ridiculous extortion that is customs duties. Doesn’t sound like a guy that tools people off.

We have a couple more going, and I’m gonna slam through them as fast as possible. We have a laser cutting date set for Wednesday to get our bases done. Tomorrow I’ll continue working, as we have another 4-5 headtsraps coming with more behind them.

The RPF orders seen here are for markpoon (bought a drone set as well, going out together overseas) and the first three on the list due up (MC, AH, RC). Gonna keep working and making video updates, so hang in there! We’re so so close!

Attachments

• IMG_6554.jpeg
    IMG_6554.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6555.jpeg
    IMG_6555.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6557.jpeg
    IMG_6557.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Felt like crap today, called off work and rested (gee could it be the stress?!).

Took advantage of a quiet night and continued working on everything, increased the number I wanted to have going by 2. I hope to get one more ready tomorrow so that we’ll have HALF of the due orders complete or in progress.

We cut acrylic bases Wednesday night. We’re gonna get new lenses cut too thanks to squirting acetone on them … but it’s no worry… cutting is done local and supplies are in hand.

Attachments

• IMG_6561.jpeg
    IMG_6561.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6562.jpeg
    IMG_6562.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6563.jpeg
    IMG_6563.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6564.jpeg
    IMG_6564.jpeg