Done / Completed Done

Re: Iron Man Mrk 42 helmet from 3D print

So I wasn't a huge fan of the original colour I had used for the faceplate. This weekend I sanded it down again and repainted the faceplate and chin piece. I think it looks much better now.

304684-2014-03-30-09-44-30.jpg

304683-2014-03-30-09-44-25.jpg

Last edited:

On the main helmet I used Duplicolour Metalcast red, with the Metalcast groundcoat over a grey primer.

For the faceplate and chin, I used Duplicolour Perfect Match, Nissan Gold over grey primer.

Now I just have to highlight the details and clear coat! Your work is awesome Curtis, it's been a lot of fun working with this helmet!

Nice looking paint job :) what colours did you use?

I'm gonna have to try that metalcast sometime :). If I ever get to keep one of these :)
On the main helmet I used Duplicolour Metalcast red, with the Metalcast groundcoat over a grey primer.

For the faceplate and chin, I used Duplicolour Perfect Match, Nissan Gold over grey primer.

Now I just have to highlight the details and clear coat! Your work is awesome Curtis, it's been a lot of fun working with this helmet!

a little late but anyways, I got my helmet last week and I just want to say it is simply amazing! the details are excellent and the quality is superb. I have to say that I would definitely buy from Curtis again in the future and I would not doubt in recommending him to anyone that is looking to buy one of his products. He provides an excellent service and keeps you updated of the progress, and the helmet is carefully packaged so that it arrives without any scratches. I am starting work on the helmet when I get back home in the summer. This is my first time working with a helmet of this type so I just wanted to know what to do. Should I just sand the excess material in the edges then coat with primer before painting? Anyways, amazing work Curtis and thank you!

No problem :) I'm glad you like the helmet. And for the edges I just sand them smooth..some 120 or 240 works well... Clean the helmet well with soap and water, wipe it down with a wax and grease remover. Scuff it with some 320/400 grit sandpaper. Then you can prime and paint :)
a little late but anyways, I got my helmet last week and I just want to say it is simply amazing! the details are excellent and the quality is superb. I have to say that I would definitely buy from Curtis again in the future and I would not doubt in recommending him to anyone that is looking to buy one of his products. He provides an excellent service and keeps you updated of the progress, and the helmet is carefully packaged so that it arrives without any scratches. I am starting work on the helmet when I get back home in the summer. This is my first time working with a helmet of this type so I just wanted to know what to do. Should I just sand the excess material in the edges then coat with primer before painting? Anyways, amazing work Curtis and thank you!

Whoa! Seriously impressive stuff! Any spaces left aboard your limited run of these bad boys?? :D

Curtis! Check your PM Brother man! I'm in desperate need of HELP :D

What would the shipping cost be to Brisbane, Australia

If anyone is on the fence about getting one of these, let me tell you. DO NOT HESITATE! The wait was well worth it and every penny spent. In fact i'm sending in for another order of the Iron Patriot. Biggeek1972 has done an incredible job on these and you will not be disappointed!

BUMP IT UP!

If anyone is on the fence about getting one of these, let me tell you. DO NOT HESITATE! The wait was well worth it and every penny spent. In fact i'm sending in for another order of the Iron Patriot. Biggeek1972 has done an incredible job on these and you will not be disappointed!

BUMP IT UP!

Iron Man Mrk 42 helmet from 3D print

Added this to my helmet. Not a sculpt, but a modified RDJ lifemask. Fits perfect.

Reel

Last edited:
Back