Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

The 58 is a tough find!

IMG_5465.jpeg

after years I think I found the right tint for the johnsons at last

View attachment 1838749
So…I’ve had this conversation with Mike and I swear after doing avid research, there is a more square shaped version either being FT453 OR TF453, of course followed by the color code. And no NOT the Stacey model which is more rounded. That being said, which one is yours? And could you possibly post comparison pics? Thanks bro and great find!

Christopher Reeve's glasses from Superman may be impossible to definitively ID after all these years, but these Anglo American are, at a minimum, very very close, and from the right period.
20240711_202943.jpgMV5BYmU0NTc4YTQtZWIzMi00YmE5LTg5MTctNGIxNTA0OTQ5MTQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc2NTEzMw@@._V1_.jpg

So…I’ve had this conversation with Mike and I swear after doing avid research, there is a more square shaped version either being FT453 OR TF453, of course followed by the color code. And no NOT the Stacey model which is more rounded. That being said, which one is yours? And could you possibly post comparison pics? Thanks bro and great find!
Isn't gio's post about the lens color? I have also studied 453s, and from what I have researched, the early Dark Havanas tend to have more light colors and the later ones less. The lenses on the later Dark Havanas seem to be a bit rounder, but I compared three different 453s from different eras and the lens shape was exactly the same.

Attachments

• IMG_4202.jpeg
    IMG_4202.jpeg
    589.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4203.jpeg
    IMG_4203.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4204.jpeg
    IMG_4204.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
thanks! it’s not a find actually, I got them years ago, I just changed the lenses. now I’m not at home to check the code, but I found the original description from the ebay seller

Attachments

• A9D2D019-6107-46C9-AC67-F69A6DA92C96.jpeg
    A9D2D019-6107-46C9-AC67-F69A6DA92C96.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 8
they look very very similar! nice pick
Ok maybe it’s just my perception but yours do look like the top bridge is angled straight across more so than mine? Along with the lens shape being more squared. With that being said I’m keeping an eye out for the FT model for a comparison. Thanks bro

Ok maybe it’s just my perception but yours do look like the top bridge is angled straight across more so than mine? Along with the lens shape being more squared. With that being said I’m keeping an eye out for the FT model for a comparison. Thanks bro
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think you're crazy

Is this what you mean? Is it a typo?
スクリーンショット 2024-07-13 0.43.17.png

I have the jonhson in dark havana, I also have them in blue and in black, I got the blue in india and from the original email I see that the code is tf453 88c, from ebay the code of the black ones should be tf45301p.

I can't make pictures now but I never even knew there was a difference :lol:

I found 2 new colors of Mosley Tribes Lyndel, red gingham and brown tortoise. The gingham appears to be actual fabric sandwiched in clear acetate I think.

Attachments

• 20240713_162929.jpg
    20240713_162929.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240713_162956.jpg
    20240713_162956.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back