The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

Curious, the diameter of a 10" Maglite is ~38.44 mm. If I make the clip, should I make the diameter of the ring ~38.4, or 38mm to allow some expanding and a snug fit? I don't have a very good 3D printer to prototype that sizing and fitting.

*If anyone does, I can send you the printing files to test so we can confirm these measurements are good for manufacturing.

Hey all,

We just completed our first Ellie’s Backpac sample.
IMG_20240607_102507_606.jpg
IMG_20240607_102459_050.jpg
IMG_20240607_102732_225.jpg

I'm fairly confident I've found the undershirt worn under the Fjallraven shirt. Unfortunately its NOT the Todd Snyder sweatshirt and the thing that tipped me off was actually from the latest ep of Ted Lasso in Amsterdam. He's wearing an orange Todd Snyder x Champion sweatshirt, and the v-stitch at the collar is too big to match the undershirt in the Last of Us. Also, in the scene wearing Joel is digging Henry's grave, you can see the hem style, and its not that longer "sweatshirt" type hem, it matches to this shirt.
Its from National Athletic Goods, their Gym tee in Oatmeal. Made in Canada and can't buy direct from them but stocked at a decent amount of stores. Pretty sure its oatmeal, but lighting could make it look that colour when its actually the ash grey

These images below really sealed it for me; right click and click "open image in new tab" to see higher res version.

View attachment 1692891
View attachment 1692892
View attachment 1692893
View attachment 1692894
View attachment 1692895
You know what’s funny, I just realized that when they’re doing target practice during the “Kin” episode, they’re shooting at another Oatmeal National Athletic Goods long sleeve lol.

So it really was that color!

-I also reached out to them to see if they’ll make more of them. Let’s hope and pray!

IMG_5311.jpeg

You know what’s funny, I just realized that when they’re doing target practice during the “Kin” episode, they’re shooting at another Oatmeal National Athletic Goods long sleeve lol.

So it really was that color!

-I also reached out to them to see if they’ll make more of them. Let’s hope and pray!

View attachment 1828354
I regret not grabbing any of those, the same with the tshirt. If anyone has any extras in medium or large, scream out :D

Does anyone know what brand or replica flask Joel uses?

One of my last editions to his props. Want to get something that is perfect to weather.

Does anyone know what brand or replica flask Joel uses?

One of my last editions to his props. Want to get something that is perfect to weather.
Probably some rations and tins etc. I think we've covered most of the props that we see on screen at least.

As for the Thermos I spent a LONG time trying to work out what colour thermos it actually was because in the clip I'm not sure if its the way the scene has been coloured but where its rubbed to the metal it also looks like its the eggshell version of the thermos? one that's been sprayed black and then has some black tape (looks to be the same as used on the torch) wrapped round the logo. Either way at the time for me at least it was cheaper to get the eggshell version at the time so I just went with that! I thought even if I'm wrong it just adds to the post apocalyptic feel of the cosplay itself and I like to think my version came out pretty good and close!

Side note: It will also depend on which version of the backpack we see because in EP4 he actually ditches his first backpack with the truck! I'm assuming because he feels its too dangerous to go back and collect it and the supplies in the truck. So we know what's sort of in that first one but after that when he starts using Henry's we don't really know we never see him use it or what's inside after that.
View attachment 1773782View attachment 1773783View attachment 1773781
This one?

So get this fun fact. I have to make an minimum order of 1000 brass clips for the flashlight - at $10 a clip..... Not only that, I have to pay $300 for a die to cut the shape out of brass.
What a world we live in.

-Definitely exploring other options.

Quantity is 100 clips, and my budget is $500 if anyone knows of anyone lol.

So get this fun fact. I have to make an minimum order of 1000 brass clips for the flashlight - at $10 a clip..... Not only that, I have to pay $300 for a die to cut the shape out of brass.
What a world we live in.

-Definitely exploring other options.

Quantity is 100 clips, and my budget is $500 if anyone knows of anyone lol.
Nevermind. Found someone willing to do it for 1300% cheaper :lol:

Thought I’d share something exciting….
View attachment 1835112
View attachment 1835113
I realized something. The pattern placement of the shirts in the show is very different than the ones Fjallraven offers - they are all different unfortunately.

I’m currently getting 2 larges made, but it’s using like 4 additional shirts worth of fabric (didn’t want to short the seamstress).

Will keep you guys posted with the outcome!

images.jpeg
The flashlight clips came and they are wonderful.
Just need to age them with a little heat and patina, and then test them with a wooden dowel to get them at the right bend.

DM me if you guys are interesting in the flashlight!
IMG_6418.JPG

Just curious, has anyone remade the fabric for the Joel Shirt?

I'm about to get progress pics on the custom, modified originals to recreate the onscreen shirt, so I'll show them with you all when they come in.

Back