Dune 2021 Atreides dress uniform + trench coat [pic heavy]

I've finished it! I'm so bad at getting around to taking pictures and uploading them, I do have a few of me wearing it but I want to get some detail shots of the coat itself too before I post. I'll try to get around to it soon, hopefully this weekend? (Can't make any promises though haha)
It will be worth the wait. You do amazing work.

Sorry for the further delay, things have been busy and I haven't had time to go through all the photos yet. But in the meantime, I bought three more yards of the dark green fabric I used for the uniform for a different unrelated project a while back and I've been having second thoughts ever since then about whether it's right for that or not, so I thought I'd offer that fabric for sale here for anyone interested. 3 yards should be enough to make either a dress uniform or the working uniform for a skinny or smallish person (I'm 5'11" and ~135 lbs and typically wear a size 36 jacket and 29 or 30 trousers, and I'd bought 3 yards for my uniform and had a bit left over). It cost me around $60 including shipping, and I'm just looking to make back as much as I can from that, not trying to make a profit or anything. Let me know if you're interested and we'll see what we can work out.

I'd have to check, but I may also have an extra set of Atreides collar pins I could throw in. I remember I at least started a second pair as a backup but can't remember if I finished them or not.

Last edited:
Sorry for the further delay, things have been busy and I haven't had time to go through all the photos yet. But in the meantime, I bought three more yards of the dark green fabric I used for the uniform for a different unrelated project a while back and I've been having second thoughts ever since then about whether it's right for that or not, so I thought I'd offer that fabric for sale here for anyone interested. 3 yards should be enough to make either a dress uniform or the working uniform for a skinny or smallish person (I'm 5'11" and ~135 lbs and typically wear a size 36 jacket and 29 or 30 trousers, and I'd bought 3 yards for my uniform and had a bit left over). It cost me around $60 including shipping, and I'm just looking to make back as much as I can from that, not trying to make a profit or anything. Let me know if you're interested and we'll see what we can work out.

I'd have to check, but I may also have an extra set of Atreides collar pins I could throw in. I remember I at least started a second pair as a backup but can't remember if I finished them or not.
Hey there! Excited to see that you finished the trench coat! Looking forward to seeing those photos :) if you still have the fabric I’d take it! I’m working on the dress uniform and have some extra fabric would be cool.

Hey there! Excited to see that you finished the trench coat! Looking forward to seeing those photos :) if you still have the fabric I’d take it! I’m working on the dress uniform and have some extra fabric would be cool.
I just sold it to someone else, sorry! It is still available here from the original seller though if you need more.

I've finished it! I'm so bad at getting around to taking pictures and uploading them, I do have a few of me wearing it but I want to get some detail shots of the coat itself too before I post. I'll try to get around to it soon, hopefully this weekend? (Can't make any promises though haha)
Glad to hear it! Looking forward to seeing those photos

I am totally laughing right now. I am just finished with updates to one of my older costumes and am going through the painful slow process of pictures and post comments. I saw an update here, got excited, and yep, another rpfer hoping for final pics.... ;) I am living this from both sides. Too funny.

Ok, so sorry for the long wait everyone. You know how it goes, I took the pics and went through them but then got distracted with ongoing projects and a work trip and completely forgot to post them... here they are. First the finished trench coat, it's a pretty simple design so nothing terribly exciting on its own although I'm really pleased with how the shoulder insignias turned out:
IMG_2031.JPGIMG_2051.JPGIMG_2100.JPGIMG_2181.JPG
IMG_0784.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0791.jpgIMG_0794.JPG
As far as I could tell from the pics, the collar closure on the actual prop is non-functional (or maybe uses magnets or something), and since we never see anyone wearing the coats with the collar closed anyway I just used plain strips of leather with one end trimmed in a triangular shape. It's got two side pockets and the fabric is moderately water resistant:
IMG_0792.jpgIMG_0785.JPGIMG_0803.JPG
And I know it's not lore-accurate, but I wanted to carry a crysknife to help with character recognition and because it's a cool prop (and I couldn't find anyone selling Paul's military issue knife or training sword), so I added a hidden sheath on the inside of the coat:
IMG_0786.JPGIMG_0787.JPG

And now some bedroom selfies of the full costume. I need to get nicer pictures of all my newer cosplays (my photographer friends all moved away a few years ago) so this is what I have for now:
IMG_8330.jpg
IMG_8410.jpg IMG_8441.jpg IMG_9080.jpg
IMG_8542.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg IMG_8729.jpg IMG_8863.jpg

I am in awe, as usual for your finished works. Some people make cool things but you make them look like it was made for real world use, not a costume but real clothing. Real tailoring, finished goods. You could have said you just got your uniform for your new space force position and I wouldn't second guess it. If you don't already work in the movie industry, it wouldn't take anything more than applying for the job. Whar say you joberg ?

Thanks for the kind words! I've only ever done amateur work for myself (well, I did do props and sets for theater in high school but that was before I knew any of the techniques I use today). I have thought it'd theoretically be cool to do props professionally but I'm not that great at coming up with my own original designs, I prefer figuring out how to copy and modify other people's lol.

Back